Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Trust issues and cooking skills

So, for class last nite, we did a series of trust and team building exercises. Sounds harmless enough, yes? Sure.

It’s no secret that I have some major trust issues. I’m talking huge, gigantic, hard to overcome issues. So how am I supposed to trust a room full of people with whom I’ve spent all of 3 hours so far?

Surprisingly, it went well.

Putting my issues aside, I participated in all of the exercises. It was a lot of fun, but the best part is getting to know this group a little better, every week. I’ve made a couple of friends, most notably a young girl who slightly reminds me of my daughter. She’s fun. She was my partner in a couple of the exercises, and I didn’t feel like she would make me crash or run into a wall.

So far, there’s only one person in the group who I think I won’t get along with in the long run. Not bad for such a diverse group. I’m not sure what it is, but this one individual seems to get defensive and slightly rude every time I speak to them. Oh well. You can’t please everyone. I suppose some people just don’t know how to take me.

Four more weeks. I’ll keep you updated. I’m really loving this.

On a different note…here’s something you probably don’t know about me. One of my greatest, simple joys in life is cooking. I LOVE to cook, and I’m quite good at it. I've got mad skills in the kitchen. This works out well, because my man loves to eat, so it’s a win-win. I make some really good dishes, and I don’t think he’s ever criticized one of them. The only criticism I ever hear is, “Can’t you cook faster, it smells soooooooo goooooood!” That's a criticism I can take. I’m making my very wonderful zesty spicy chicken tonite. Mmmm. It’s so tasty. I can’t share the recipe, because then you all would be as special as me, and we just can’t have that. But trust me, it’s fantastic. It has lime juice and lime zest, I’ll tell you that. But that’s all you get.

Guilty pleasures this week? Project Runway and Flavor of Love. Yeah, I know. But I don’t care. I love them both, reality show critics be damned!

Hope you all are having a fantastic week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'll be happy to email the recipe to you. It's one of the bf's favorites.

I'm sorry you didn't get to take the classes. If I'd just shown up to regular workshop, I wouldn't have a clue what was going on. I'm glad I signed up for these.

Project Runway - I think Jeffrey's going to win this season, who are you pulling for?

9/21/2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

It's good that you have classes and trying to do something for yourself. thats something I never got to do. or should i say, just didn't make the time for.

9/21/2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I don't expect to be cast, but I can see a couple of people in the class who probably would be asked. I am having fun though, and that's really what I need right now.

Michael is my favorite. I don't think he's gay, is he? Doesn't seem like it. His clothes are amazing. Uli bores me and Laura gets on my nerves with her attitude and her 'Oh, I'm pregnant and I'm sooo tired' routine. Wah. She's already got 5 kids, geez. Suck it up.

I don't know what the Nanowhatever thing is, email me about it.

9/22/2006 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter