Thursday, September 28, 2006

Brief update

Things are a bit weird right now. Worst nite of my life has passed. Some good has come out of it though. We won't dwell on it all. It will take some time for things to get back to normal.

Work has been busy. My boss really needs me full time. If only the company would agree to that.

I finally went to see my daughter's apartment. It looks much like her room did when she lived here. Oh well. A few more years and she will appreciate the value of a clean living space. Not that it was hideous, just a bit messy. She and her boyfriend have been so kind as to lend me their vehicle. They really don't need it as they take the bus and train to get everywhere. Fortunately they live in a central location which makes that easy. I may keep the car and take over the payments. I like it.

Visited my mother on Monday. She's still insane, but as always, supportive and awesome.

My improv class on Tuesday was the best one yet. We played 'Story', and what do you know, I was kinda good at it. Then we each had to do a one minute rant on a topic of our choosing. Of all the things I could have picked, I chose the post office. It went well. I'm getting my hair done for free next week by one of the students who is a hair stylist. No, he's not gay. Not even a little. If he's as good at hair as he is at improv, I'm in for a treat.

I've decided to quite drinking. Am I an alcoholic? I really don't know. But it does affect my personal relationships, so it's best if I quit. Some counseling is definitely on the horizon, and soon.

My friend Beth is the most awesome and wonderful person in the world, in case I never mentioned that before.

Our cat, Herbie, died over the weekend. He was 17. His kidneys had started to fail and they felt he should be put down. I'm glad he could spend his final moments with people who loved him. RIP, Herbie.



That's about it for now. Work today. Kids tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger I said...

My dog died too. I came home and he was hanging half way out of his water bucket. It looked like a crime scene. In a couple of weeks I'll write a joke about it. Stupid dog. Laugh to keep from crying.....

9/28/2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Sadly, I don't think I laugh as much as I cry anymore.

9/29/2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger monogodo said...

sorry to hear about Herbie and all the negatives.

Happy to hear about the positives, and wish you many more.

9/29/2006 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter