Sunday, October 01, 2006

I love you, Dallas Observer

Ok, so I'm not their mother, but I feel as proud as one.

Corey Sutton was voted "Best Local Stand-up" by the DO for 2006. See this article. http://www.dallasobserver.com/bestof/award.php?oid=oid:249941

Aww. Our little Corey is growing up and doing so well! I'll never forget the first time I met him at an open mic. I had just done a set, which he witnessed, and he walked up to me in his oh-so-adorable and shy way and whispered very quietly to me, "I love you."

The best thing about Corey is that, in spite of his success at such a young age, he remains humble and without a big head about it. He's always been down to earth, and I think he will stay that way. After being in this business for a few years, it's refreshing to see someone who knows he's talented, but doesn't treat others as if they aren't. Even some of the comedian folks I've considered friends over the years really aren't my friends unless I can do something for them or help them out in some way. That's the nature of the business. No one's in it to make friends. But Corey, nope, he's not like that.

Way to go, C-dog. We love you.

And, my favorite group of smart-ass political satirists got a very nice mention as well. Sadly, their show last nite didn't yield the amazing crowd we were hoping for, but the show was damn good. Another link for you: http://www.dallasobserver.com/blogs/

Thanks, Andrea. And you're right, Beth IS one of the funniest women. Ever.

I'm so proud of these folks. So very proud.

3 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I was proud once. That's really all I had.

10/01/2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger I said...

I'm still here.

10/02/2006 4:02 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Me too.

10/06/2006 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter