Thursday, August 10, 2006

Emptying the nest

My daughter is moving out of the house in five days. And although I always thought her nest-fleeing would give me a sense of relief and satisfaction, I’m having a hard time dealing with the fact that she won’t be here anymore.

No more waking me up at 5 AM for a ride to work. No more borrowing my cell phone and falling asleep and forgetting to give it back to me. No more gaggles of teenagers gathered on my back porch. No more fights. No more loud music when I’m trying to sleep. No more trying to sneak her boyfriend in the house late at nite when she thinks I’m not paying attention.

No more.
It will be quiet.
It will be without chaos.
How the hell do I handle that?

Why do I have the feeling that I’ll still see her on laundry day?

I’ll miss the bagels.

2 Comments:

Blogger I said...

Unless she won the lottery you should see her in two days. The first day she will stay away to prove that she's big people now. Then she will get hungry.

8/10/2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Sarah! You're back! Yay!

The Teenager is packing today. I can't watch.

8/12/2006 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter