Sunday, July 23, 2006

Reviews

First, the Gong Show. I was gonged. Totally my fault. I started out strong, they were with me on the dirty stuff, then for some reason I decided to change gears and do a kid joke. Not so much. The guest judge gave me the gong. Bitch. lol. Seth did well. He didn't get gonged, but he didn't win. Most of the acts were gonged. There were a couple of karaoke singers, a guy who took most of his clothes off (shudder), and the winner was a guitar playing chick who was way cool. She invited us to an open mic tomorrow nite, which we plan to attend. I think I'm going to talk to her about having us produce a show for her. She was really good and super nice. Overall, it was a fun evening.

Second, we went to see Clerks II tonite. Yes, it was funny. I didn't find it as funny and clever as the first one, but it had its moments. My favorite part was the uber religious kid who worked in the fast food place, who had an affinity for Lord of the Rings and Transformers. And if you go see it, be sure to stay all the way to the very end of the credits. Trust me.

We've just scheduled our second show thru our production company. August 12th downtown. Gotta get the flier done and I'll post it. It's going to be all young comics - no one over 20. It's our friend Van's 'going away to college' show. He's a great kid, he does stand up and theatre. There will be a band too. Sound like fun? We're calling it "Van's Warped Farewell Tour". Ha. Evan's so clever.

Went to workshop with Evan. I didn't participate, I just sat in the back and went over some show details and business stuff with the owner's wife. This is going to keep me busy. Yay!

That's all I got. Peace out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/25/2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

i look like i'm under twenty in a bald, grey beard, bitter at the establishment kinda way.

7/25/2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thank god I'm not bald.

7/26/2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger I said...

I'm not bald. Well, except in the places where I'm supposed to be.

7/26/2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Eww.

7/26/2006 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter