Monday, August 07, 2006

Comedy ain't easy

Well, it's easy for a lot of people. I'm just not one of them.

Self-deprecating humor, followed by a self-deprecating blog entry. Welcome to Jenn's world.

The show went great on Saturday, overall if was a success. Everyone had a great set. Everyone except for me. I don't know why it was so bad. I got a few laughs, but it was hard to get those and I cut it short. It will be a while before I do that again. Maybe I should stick to producing, at least I seem to have a knack for that.

I was nervous. I was scattered. Maybe I really don't have what it takes to be a comedian. I really hate doing a bad set, especially in front of friends. Not that I had that many people there to see me, but there were a few, and sadly, I think I was a disappointment.

Crawling back under the covers for the evening. See ya.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Don't give up on comedy, Jenn. You're damn funny. Your set seemed different on Saturday, and I think I know why. When a joke didn't go well, you said something about it on stage. Don't do that. Just go to the next one, and they won't know you were uncomfortable, or asking for a laugh. Does that make sense? Self-depricatiobn is damn funny, but not when it's about not getting a laugh. It changed the tone entirely. Don't give up, Jenn. You've made me laugh up there a thousand times and that says something. I've had shitty nights, too. It just makes the good ones that much better. Call me. I'll be home around 6pm.

8/08/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Makes sense. I just don't know why I was so damned out of it. Stress? El Nino? The upcoming anniversary of Katrina?

Fuck.

Thanks for the slap on the ass though.

8/08/2006 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter