Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sex, lies and electrical tape

Ha. That was a funny title. Got your attention, huh? Sadly, I have nothing clever to go along with it. Made you look!

13,000 people have looked at my ramblings since I created this thing in February of 2005. That’s a lot of people with way too much time on their hands. But I’m thankful that it’s read. Thank you to those who still follow my very small chunk of the world. Unless you hate me and you read this out of spite. I'm not thanking you.

It’s official – I’m a producer again. Hoping to put together our first showcase in early August. Still need to hash out the details with the owners, and I need to get in touch with comics and see who’s available. And also, I’m looking at putting a show together for a certain comedy duo who I’m nutty about (ahem, Beth, ahem, tell them to call me). The club owners want to do this right, with contracts and the whole shebang, and I’m very pleased with that attitude. I’m a little bitter about how we all got screwed by the other folks, so this is good news.

Oh, and the Gong Show is back. Am I up for that kind of pressure and humiliation, you ask? You bet your ass I am. We just have to work around Evan’s performance schedule and find a Saturday nite that works. I’ll keep you posted. I'm penciling in for the 22nd. I don't expect to win this time, as I haven't been on a stage in four months. But it will be fun anyway.

Evan will be doing 4 shows this weekend. Four! My god, how did we ever live without being on stage?

I am feeling enormously sad today, as if I've lost something important. Ken Lay died, but that's not it. Can't quite put my finger on the source of this angst. I'm sure it's nothing. Probably just stress and lack of sleep. And my desperate need to write something of substance. This certainly wasn't it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter