Sunday, June 18, 2006

Weekend stuff











Well, it was a busy and funny weekend. Evan returned to Comedy Sportz in full force. It was a last minute thing on Friday, as in, "Yeah, I know it's 6 PM but can you be here at 7 cuz we need you." He was awesome and funny and I was so proud to see him up there doing what he loves. It didn't seem like 9 months had passed since his last performance, he jumped right back in there like he'd never left. They asked him to come and do the Saturday show as well. I see where my weekends will be spent from now on. And I'm ok with that.

Now if we can just get my ass back on the stage, all will be well.

My camera sucks, I need a new one that has a zoom.

Here's something random that was really funny...I was sitting outside with Big E's wife and their son, who is all of 13. This homeless guy is walking by and he stops and asks the teen if he has any money. Well, no, of course not, I'm just a kid, he says. The guy walked away in a huff and mumbled, "That's why I hate white people."

That was fun.

6 Comments:

Blogger monogodo said...

I've only been to one Comedy Sportz performance, up in Madison, WI.

I didn't enjoy it. Mainly because the troupe kept making inside jokes that only they found funny.

I hope the Dallas troupe doesn't do that.

6/19/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Really? That surprises me. I've seen a few troupes - Houston, Dallas, New Orleans - and they don't do that at all.

You should come to a show, it's a hoot. The Dallas folks are really a lot of fun, I think you'd like it.

6/19/2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Aww. :)

I'm always happy to be there for you.

6/19/2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger I said...

Yeah....well I'm still sitting around watching these damned routers.

6/19/2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I hate white people, too Jenn. Good on Evan for the C.S. show! That rules.

6/21/2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

He was so great! I love that man. :)

6/22/2006 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter