Saturday, June 10, 2006

A nite out!

Hey folks. Hope your weekend is going well so far. I haven't had my coffee yet.

My gig on Wednesday was cancelled. I was a bit disappointed, but I'm over it. Eric is booking this thing from out of town and sports bar owners can be a bit flaky. Oh well, another will come along. I've decided to get on the phone today and call every comic I know so I can find out where and when everyone is. I've been out of the loop for far too long.

We went to see a Comedy Sportz show last nite. (www.comedysportzdfw.com) It was great to see those folks again, and even better to be inside the West End Comedy Theatre. (Who am I kidding? It was just great to be out somewhere for a change!) I'm glad the space is being utilized. Damn I miss that place. They've painted it and added a lot of color. It looks great. Not what I would have done with the place, but still, it's nice. (In case you're confused, I was in negotiations to purchase the club when the previous owners moved. It didn't work out for a number of reasons. And I'm not bitter.)

Evan is considering going back to the CSz troupe. I had some issues with that, but overall I would love to see him perform again, and I know he misses it just as much as I miss stand-up. Had they treated him a little better, I wouldn't be opposed; but he's a big boy and it's not my decision. He's so very good at improv, it's a shame to see his talent wasted. And the kids think what he does is amazing. Not that he needs any more brownie points with them. So, he may be performing on a regular basis again soon. We'll find out in a couple of days. And I'll be there, cheering him on at every show like he's always done for me. And if any issues pop up, we'll deal with them when that happens.

We're off to have breakfast with my now married friend Sara. She got married last August, and calls me at least on a weekly basis to tell me how much it sucks to be married. My response? Duh! I prefer shacking up, it's much more fun.

Trying to upload some pics but it's not working. Will try again after breakfast.

3 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I'm still here! Damn. I think I'm invisible. Can you see me?? DAMMIT!!

6/10/2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I see you.

6/11/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger I said...

Whew! Thank God! Thought I was a gonner.

6/11/2006 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter