Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I miss the 80's. Oh, and performing.

I was driving home from work today, because that's really the only way for me to get here...but anyway, I heard a song on the radio that I haven't heard in 20 years - Bitchin' Camaro by The Dead Milkmen. Wow. That takes me back. I actually remembered all the words, much to my surprise. Then I started thinking about the bands I was listening to at that time - back when I was a teenager, 17 years old and not a care in the world. Ahh, those were the days. Here's a short list, not in any particular order:

Dead Kennedys
Bauhaus
The Cure
The Judys
Circle Jerks
Butthole Surfers
Black Flag
Subhumans
DRI

Ring any bells? Damn I was cool back then. :)

In other news...my first paying gig in months happens tomorrow nite.
Details? Ok.

Big Daddy's Sports Grill
1649 West Henderson
Cleburne, Texas
9 PM Wednesday

The line-up from what I've gathered includes me, Nick Guerra, Laura Cole, Angela Ice and Flo Hernandez. Hmm. 2 mexican guys and a bunch of white chicks. Should be interesting.

Yay me. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger I said...

So Laura Cole is not dead? Wow! I'm surprised. Make sure that you tell her I'm still stalking her. I think that she thinks I really am. I can't believe anyone listened to that in the 80's. I was in a band then. What about Maiden, Dokken, Dio, W.A.S.P, Malmsteen, Ratt and racer X? Speed Metal rules. Bitchin Camaro? Not near as much.

6/06/2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger decade5 said...

I still love all those bands you listed. Heck, The Cure is still putting out albums.

You're going to rock that gig. I just know it.

6/06/2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Tom - I won't tell Laura you're stalking her as I don't want to scare her. But I will say you asked about her in a menacing way, how's that?

And Speed Metal? Gah. Never was my thing.

jill - I still listen to a lot of it. I'd say my musical taste has expanded rather than changed. I was amazed that Sloth and I had so many of the same favorites.

And thanks, I hope I rock. It's been a while.

6/07/2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger I said...

I sent ya an 80's present! I'm so cool!

6/07/2006 8:25 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hope the show went well! I've been SOOOOOOOOO SICK lately. Had to go to the doctor. No fun.

But if you want to see Ireland pictures, go here.

photos

6/09/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Wonderful pictures! You look great in all of them, shut up.

Gig was cancelled, see today's post. Open mics next week, I need some stage time. Badly.

Oh hey, Tom, I got that pic. You look like one of those guys that my dad wouldn't want me to date in high school. :)

6/10/2006 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter