Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Grudges.

Ready for some drama? Good, cuz this isn't funny. I may take this post down later, I just needed to get it out for now. Thanks in advance for not offering me a firearm.


Do you ever feel like you’re drowning?
I do. I’m drowning in grudges.

I hold grudges. Long, painful, destructive grudges. I don’t mean to, and I know it’s not healthy, it’s just that they get in my head and I have a terrible time of letting them go. I don’t think the people who I hold them towards are ever sorry for the things they’ve done. Or at least, they never offered a convincing apology. It started long ago, and is most likely a learned behavior from my mother. (Thanks for that grudge, mom.) I’d like to air my grudges, not all of them, but some of the older ones, because I can’t seem to speak of them, and there are people in my life who just don’t understand why I’m so bitter.

My first husband, the father of my 17-year old daughter. He’s dead now, and I’m still angry at him. For what? For 15 years of no child support. For three years of complete and utter misery in our relationship. For running off with our daughter that time when she was just a few months old, and staying gone for two days, leaving me in our crappy little apartment with no car and no phone and not a clue how to find my baby. Can you even imagine what a terrifying 48 hours that was? I never forgave him for that.

For lying to me. For cheating on me. For bringing his junkie friends and his nasty addiction into my home. For exposing me to things that a 20 year old girl from Mesquite should never have seen. For just generally being one of the worst people I’ve ever known.

My mother. I love my mother, but I have a little grudge against her too, for not telling me that I had three sisters earlier in life. I still haven’t found them, and I’m angry about that. I hope to meet them someday. I just wish I’d known about them a long time ago. Perhaps knowing them would have made some sense out of other things for me.

My father. We haven’t spoken in over 3 years. I hold some grudges against him. For being too hard on me in school. For not accepting that, hey, maybe I’m just not good at math like you, dad, but did you see that I made Honors English again? Not good enough, huh? For cheating on my mother. For destroying what was a decent childhood up until the divorce. For marrying a woman who treated me like garbage. For ignoring me.

Myself. For never letting things go. For not being able to trust. For loving the wrong people and believing the wrong things. For shutting people out. For burning bridges. For letting all of this get to me.

I hold grudges against people for holding them against me. People I don't know. People who don't know me. I am angry. I am bitter. And I take it out on the people I love. I’m sorry for that.

I hold grudges. I have so many more, too many to detail here, and I hope that I’ll learn at some point to let them go. They’re killing me. I don’t want to drown.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trying2BMe said...

I'm just the opposite, I rarely hold grudges. That makes me vulnerable to people and the things that their dark hearts can do to some. Right now, instead of holding a grudge against my cheating ex-husband, I'm talking to him and hoping he gets his life together.

I think grudges are good and bad. It can cause you much pain and alienate you, but at the same time, it builds your strength against getting hurt in the same way again.

7/07/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Mine are mostly bad, and terribly destructive. There are some people very close to me who would agree. And since I can't afford therapy, this is the closest thing I have. :)

Sorry to hear about your ex. Being cheated on is so very devastating, I know about that first hand. I hope things work out for you. Thanks for stopping by.

7/07/2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Makes me wonder what it is that I did.

Funny though, you comment on your honors english in the middle of a vast pool of incomplete sentences.

I bet someone, somewhere is very proud of the education they laid barren on you.

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Damn I'm funny, and you are too so get your dumb ass on the stage again and quit with the fucking excuses already.

I miss you.

Until later...

7/07/2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It was a jumble of thoughts and emotions amongst incomplete sentences, and that is perfectly acceptable in narratives.

Ok, now I'm just making stuff up.

Stage time is coming. Really. I need it. Miss you too you crazy bastard. :)

7/07/2006 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter