Thursday, May 25, 2006

Update

Howdy. And ouch.

Went to get checked out on Monday. Many x-rays and hours later, I was diagnosed with cervical and lumbar strain - basically torn ligaments. Not too serious, they said it should heal up in a few weeks. They gave me some pills and sent me home. The x-ray guy was a hoot. He was like the Ansel Adams of x-rays. "Now, I need you to put your arm above your head...good!Now, turn your head slightly and lift your chin....very nice! Hold still! That was beautiful." I do believe he was a photographer in another life.

But then last nite, the hospital called. It was after 10 PM, so I figured it wasn't good news. Apparently, after further review of my x-rays, they found some additional damage and I have to go back in today for a CT scan. Something about soft tissue damage. Not sure what the results will be. It may just be them covering their asses after sending me home without a complete review of the x-rays. At least I hope that's all it is. It was a crazy nite at the hospital. We arrived just after several hispanic youths were brought in from car accidents. They were racing, apparently, and the prognosis did not sound good. There were four of them; 3 of them were taken via helicopter to Parkland. The fourth was able to leave that nite. Scary stuff. The waiting room was full of people, mostly family and friends of the accident victims.

I haven't been to work this week. Thankfully my boss has been very cool about it. I just can't sit for long periods of time, but I can't take the pain pills at work. Dillemma.

I'll keep you posted. Everyone else is doing fine. A lawsuit is definitely in that asshole's future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I forgot to post another update - CT scan came back normal, no additional trauma. I'm ok, though still sore and very pissed about the money this is costing me.

6/01/2006 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. vita stat blood pressure monitors http://www.anti-depressants-6.info/wonder-wand-toy.html tool backpack Zyban wellbutrin prozac sarafem errors

1/31/2007 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter