Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Valero made me late for work.

I'm having one of those days.

I woke up late, which is never good. It's my last day at coolest temp job ever and I wanted to get here early. So much for that. I'm supposed to be here at 8:00. I managed to leave the house by 7:45 AM, thinking I would only be about 15 minutes late. Ok, I can handle that.

Get in the car - the 'low fuel' light is on. (Thanks for that, honey.) Ok, no big deal, I need coffee and cigarettes too, so I'll stop on the way to the office. I pull in to the closest gas station, which was a Valero, (formerly known as Diamond Shamrock, and not the first time these people have failed me), and the place is really crowded. I get out and put my credit card in, but the pump won't turn on. Ok, that's cool, I'll just pay inside and get my other items. I walk in and find the coffee - the choices are limited to 2. I pick the non-decaf. It pours me about a half of the smallest cup they had, and then it was empty. Dammit! Go to the counter, get my cigs, tell them they're out of coffee, (and they still charge me full price for a half cup) and that I need to fill up on #8. Ok, she turns the pump on. I pay with my credit card. Meanwhile, several people walk in the store with the same complaint - the pumps aren't working. Hmm. Wonder what's up with that?

Go back to the car, attempt to pump the gas, and wouldn't you know it, that pump isn't working either. I ask the 3 people around me if theirs are working. No, they certainly are not. By now, it's 8:30 AM and I am REALLY late. The three of us march into the store, demanding to know what the problem is. The clerk's response? "We're out of gas."

You're OUT of GAS? You are a GAS STATION! I've never been to Starbuck's and heard 'we're out of coffee'. And by the way, YOU are also out of coffee, you moron. And perhaps you could have put up some signs letting people know that they will not be able to purchase fuel here! Or how about this - you could have told me that you had no gas before you took my MONEY.

Fuck!

So we're all yelling at this poor guy, and I have to wait a few minutes for him to credit back the money to my card. He tells me to have a nice day. Um, yeah, thanks for that. That's all done and I leave, but I still have to stop somewhere else to get gas. And wouldn't you know it, I have to wait in line. What? Are we having some sort of fuel crisis that I'm not aware of?

I finally got to work, an hour late, on my last day. I guess it could be worse. I could have been an hour late on my first day.

I'm boycotting Valero. I had gone there to get gas Saturday morning after taking the teen to work. As I'm pumping the gas, I feel something wet on my foot. I look down, and sure enough, the damn thing is leaking all over the place. Not because I haven't inserted it properly, not because I had overfilled the tank, but because it was apparently broken. It was a huge leak, as in probably a half gallon. I won't give them a third chance to impress me.

I have to go get more coffee now, as I spilled my sad little half-cup on my desk when I got here. Dammit!

10 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

uhhh...anything called "Valero" should be boycotted on principle alone.

*plays classical guitar riff*
*and pulls out a machine gun from guitar case*

4/18/2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I know, it sounds like a cheesy, artsy town somewhere in New Mexico where they all hail an artist who draws vagina-looking flowers.

Oh wait, that's Santa Fe, isn't it? Or Albuquerque?

4/18/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Georgia O'Keefe lives in New Mexico, yes. Surrounded by vaginas and more vaginas.

4/18/2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

LMAO. It's not often I meet someone who has the perspicacity to critique the paintings of Vagina O'Keefe. That woman really had poontang on the brain. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Santa Fe... although we do get some aged hippy overflow down this way.

At first I misread that title as VELCRO made me late for work, and it reminded me of an unfortunate duct taping incident I.... er a FRIEND once told me about... but never mind that.

--Travis--

PS
Did it ever occur to anybody else that the universe was designed, built, and is managed by low bidders?

I still have oxycodone and I know how to use it!


--Still Travis--

4/18/2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger I said...

At least you weren't smoking when the gas pump pissed all down your leg.

4/19/2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Hey, Fuckhead. I just tried calling you because your man Henry Rollins came on Howard Stern and I was gonna let you listen through the phone but I was given a message that you are no longer taking calls. Too damn bad too because not only does he have great stuff to say but he has a really sexy voice. I almost popped a chub - that's sexy! Your loss.

Until some other time,
The friend you forgot you had.

By the way, some day you're gonna finally remember that you have a friend in Odessa and try to call only to find out that he is no longer taking calls either because you can never take two minutes out of your busy fucking day to make a fucking phone call now and again just to say hi. It works both ways you know. Don't be like every other person I know because you are gonna be fucking pissed when I won't let you open for me at Carnegie Hall and Madison Square Garden.

4/20/2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Dammit! I do love Henry. Never miss him when he comes to town. I even got a pic with him and an autograph last time! He so rocks.

My phone is off until I pay the bill, which is currently secondary to eating and getting the brakes fixed on Evan's car. Mine is still sadly out of commission.

I haven't forgotten you, dear. Really.

4/20/2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

And what about that tacky blue-green color scheme on their signs? It clashes with everything.

4/30/2006 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Miget blowjobs http://www.blowjob-mom.info/gay_video_on_demand.html

2/28/2007 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Brad salter state farm insurance laser eye surgery vegas style baccarat Att cell new phone http://www.fragrance-5.info Nostalgia toys Sms 1.2 mcse study guide Barbados cartridges

4/26/2007 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter