Saturday, May 20, 2006

Crash

We were involved in quite a hairy car accident Friday nite. Everyone's ok. Well, none of us were rushed to the hospital. My back hurts and I have some minor cuts on my hands from all the glass. Have you ever woken up with glass in your hair? Not fun. I have a hunch that we'll all be feeling it a lot more in the next few days. Mike is the only one who went to a doctor so far. He has neck sprain and a minor concussion. I figure we all have similar ailments.

The cause? Drunk driver. We were in Mike's car, having gone out for Dave's birthday. Dave was up front and Evan and I in the backseat. Mike stopped at a tollbooth to throw in some change, and this dumbass just slammed right into the back of us at full force. He must have been doing at least 40, maybe more. Didn't see us, never slowed down. Idiot. Mike's car was totalled. The police came and arrested the guy driving and his girlfriend, but not before they tried to get away from the scene. Luckily, the combination of a very angry Evan and Dave, as well as a helpful tollbooth employee kept the guy from fleeing. Not sure why they arrested his passenger, besides maybe PI. Probably just let her sleep it off in the drunk tank til the next day. His car didn't have near the damage that Mike's did. We couldn't even open the doors to get out, the guys crawled out of windows and they ended up prying my door open with a crow bar. We made it home via friends, thankfully. Scared the living shit right out of me. I've never been in a car accident, as a driver or a passenger. I cried a lot. Partly from the crash, partly from being intoxicated myself. But I wasn't driving.


I'm in a lot of pain today. Guess we should get a lawyer and all get to a doctor soon. Dammit. I hate people.

8 Comments:

Blogger monogodo said...

Wow, glad to hear you're all (relatively) OK. I've been in a few car accidents over the years (9, to be exact), but none of them have been as bad as yours (including the time I rear-ended a parked semi).

I do recommend going to the doctor as soon as possible. It's better to be safe than sorry. And if you end up going to court, it looks better to visit the doctor soon after the accident instead of days later. (I was on a jury for a civil trial involving an accident, and the plaintiffs went to the doctor a couple weeks after the accident. It made it look like they were just trying to get paid, especially since the doctor their lawyers referred them to.

5/22/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'll probably head to the ER later tonite. I wouldn't wait weeks, I don't think I can take the pain for that long.

Those steel toed shoes sure were heavy today. Ouch.

5/22/2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger decade5 said...

Holy crap! Doing what you can to get that idiot off the streets may save someone else's life. If you have to do that by suing him for everything he has, then so be it. Sic 'em, guys.

5/22/2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger decade5 said...

p.s. I'm glad you're alive. Wow. Scary.

5/22/2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger I said...

At least you weren't rear ended in the HIV lane! Ha! I kill us!

5/22/2006 7:45 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Update - went to the ER, got lots of x-rays. I have cervical strain and lumbar strain, which basically amounts to a torn ligament in my lower back. Should heal up soon. Called a lawyer yesterday, we'll see what happens.

5/23/2006 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Debts patients owe their lawyers http://www.porsche-boxter.info/body-kits-cadillac-cts.html Alarm system providers in huntsville al admirals hockey Electronic medication dispensor Statute on malpractice paris hilton Babe ranch

3/04/2007 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! voyeur http://www.lomita-facial-hair-removal.info school loan consolidation fax machines rosacea product The great mcse scam Wedding rings diamond set online credit report

4/25/2007 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter