Saturday, April 22, 2006

Work and Play

Good news on the job front. I had an interview on Friday, went really well. And the best part - it's at the same company! Yay me. The guy absolutely loved me, and all of my references were terrbily impressive, so now I'm just waiting for them to put me back into the system. It would have been a lot less complicated if they'd just let me hang on to my credentials and parking pass. Oh well. I should be starting on Tuesday or Wednesday, which will be fantastic. And there is a possiblitily of this one going permanent, as they are currently short-handed and also have one member of the team retiring soon. 35 years, that's a damn long time to work in one place. I don't think I have the commitment nor attention span to do the same thing for 35 years in a row.

And at home, it's official - they have turned me into a geek. No longer can I claim 'geek by association'. Nope, I'm a full-fledged, card-carrying member now. I have logged on and created myself a character on World of Warcraft. Method to my madness? Yes. I'm using the 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' philosophy. And although I do not condone the hours and hours that the boys spend playing the game, I at least understand now why it takes so long. To complete just one quest took me about 2 hours. The difference between me and the boys - I can step away from it easily. Because I'm a human priestess casting spells at Level 7, and that's what we do.

God help me.

It's kinda cool though, because Evan's character and my character can run around in the game together. He's at a much highler level than me, so he can give me cool stuff and help me kill things. And sometimes, we dance.

I used to be cool. Remember when I was cool?

4 Comments:

Blogger I said...

Working for thirty-five years is bad but what if you had to bang the same co-workers for those thirtyfive years? That would suck! I banged one broad for almost ten and it damn near killed me.

4/22/2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

You gave into the world of virgins! I...I don't know if I can speak to you anymore, Jenn. I just, don't know.

4/22/2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It's a temporary lapse in judgment, I assure you. He won't like it when all his little online buddies start talking to me, as in, "Wow, you're a real girl and you play video games! You're so cool!" And having geeks think you're cool is almost as cool as actually being cool. Isn't it? No? Ok then.

4/22/2006 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

1/30/2007 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter