Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day bounty

Happy Monday, all. I hope all you moms out there had a wonderful Mother’s Day! Mine was very nice indeed. Evan made breakfast and took us out for dinner, so I didn’t have to cook. The children made cards for me, but also purchased lovely gifts (thanks to Evan for taking them shopping) – from Emily, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Season 4; from Christopher, a very nice sterling “Mom” necklace; from The Teenager, new make-up that I so desperately needed! Yay! Even Dave got me a gift! A bubbling foot spa. Are you kidding me? Awesome! And Evan replaced the bathroom faucet and also got me my very own copy of World of Warcraft, so now we all have separate accounts. So, my Sunday went like this: I put my feet in the spa and gave myself a pedicure, watched several episodes of Aqua Teen, had some breakfast and some Starbuck’s, and leveled up my character on WoW. And I didn’t have to do anyone’s laundry. A wonderful day for me!

My kids, my boyfriend and our roomie are the absolute best! Thanks, guys. You made my day very special and I appreciate it more than you know. I love you all!


I have a joke about my ex-boyfriend not doing anything for me on Mother's Day, but it's actually true. He wouldn't even call me. When I asked him why, he said, "Because you're not my mother." And even though that's true, it wouldn't have killed him to do something nice for me.

So, an extra special thanks to Evan; because I'm not his mother, and he's not the father of my children, but he made sure I had a nice Mother's Day, and he makes a huge effort to be a part of my kids' lives. I love you madly. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I posted a damn comment on your BLOG on Mothers Day!

5/15/2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks, I'll count that as a gift too. :)

5/16/2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger I said...

hugenads.com Rules!

5/16/2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger I said...

Okay...this sucks. write more.

5/17/2006 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter