Thursday, May 04, 2006

Don't step on my...steel-toed shoes?

I know you folks get all ancy when I don't write every day. Sorry about that.

Started the new temp assignment on Monday and I'm busy as hell. Same company, same location, way different department. The guy who brought me in called the temp service and asked for an 'over-the-top secretary who can do anything'. That's me! So I've been assigned as the assistant to the warehouse manager. I'm in an office off to the side, but I have to walk thru the warehouse at times, which requires the use of personal protective equipment - PPE's, for those in the biz. Ha. So what do I have to wear?

Steel-toed shoes.

That's what I said. Yeah. I feel like I'm wearing roller skates without the wheels. They are heavy. Like, for real. On the plus side, I can wear jeans every day, so I'm thrilled about that. Down side? I only own 2 pairs of jeans. I've always worked in dress-up type offices, so this is a switch. Time to go shopping!

Day 4 and I have yet to get a computer or a phone, so I'm running around using other people's stuff. So far I've been hugged, thanked and duded. It's been a fun week. They love me here too.

On the homefront - I hate my freaking roommate so bad that I'd like to bash him with something hard and blunt. Other than that, all is well.

Lots of funny stuff at work, but no time to write about it today. Hang in there 'til the weekend and I'll fill you in.

Still playing World of Warcraft. Up to level 14 now. It's actually a fun game. But I wouldn't have gotten near as far if Evan weren't helping me. He goes around killing things and I run behind him and pick up all the cool stuff. It's good to have a hobby.

Have a lovely day and I'll post again soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger I said...

You came back! Thank God! I thought I was all alone. The routers get pissed when I talk too much. Doofleboy Speaks is going well. I ran into shatner. My stuff is huge? hugenads.com Doofleboy has spoken.

5/05/2006 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter