Saturday, May 06, 2006

War machine? Dammit.

Ahh, Saturday. Having some coffee and putting off the cleaning I have to do. I'm sure it will take up most of the day.

I really like the new job. Finally, a place where I don't have to kiss ass and pander! It's such a different environment than what I'm used to, but I feel like I can just be myself. I don't have to dress up. I don't have to cater to top-level executives, making sure that they get an aisle seat instead of a window and a vegetarian meal instead of the regular. Not that I dislike doing that, but it's just nice to be able to BS and hang out with real people. No fakes, no phonies, just a bunch of hard-working people. Plus, I still get to use my awesome computer skills. I still don't have a computer at my desk, but they did come and install my phone. I spent most of the week following my 2 office mates around, watching what they do and taking notes. Their system is SAP based, and I'm catching on to it quickly. They let me do some of the actual work by myself yesterday, and surprisingly, I did it right. Thankfully, I take REALLY good and detailed notes. Lots to learn, and this is a 4 month assignment. I'm afraid it might take me that long just to figure out how everything works. My boss says it takes a year to learn it all. Maybe if I manage in less than that, I'll get hired on full time.

Yesterday I was watching one of the guys pack up a large piece of equipment for an aircraft. He was trying to explain to me what it does, but I think I tuned him out after 'laser'. He did let me get up close and look at it. I even touched it. Then he told me it was worth $1.3 million. I decided not to touch it anymore. The warehouse guys were teasing me, saying, "You know you're working for the Bush war machine now!" Yes, I'm aware. But my politics don't get in the way of my paycheck. Besides, I support our military. Doesn't mean I support Bush. They're following orders. Bush is a douche. And I get the feeling that the group I'm working with now feel the same way. Some Democrats in the mix? Perhaps. But I'll probably keep my views to myself nonetheless.

Need to do my house cleaning and spend some mommy time with the kids. Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger I said...

http://hometown.aol.com/jenhoff143/

Hey Jenn! It's me again! Check out this broad! She stole your sh*t! Don't touch the million dollar parts. They break easy. Don't ask how I know.

5/08/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LMAO! Yes, I have always aspired to write cheesy romance novels. You got me. :)

5/08/2006 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter