Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Weekend

Happy Memorial Day peeps. What's shaking?

I had a happy moment yesterday. Not that I don't have them all the time, but lately they've been a little sparse. Got a call asking me to do a show in a couple of weeks. Yay me! I'm the feature act, and it actually pays! It's been 3 months since I've been on a stage. I hope I'm still funny. June 7th, Big Daddy's in Cleburne, 9 PM. Be there if you can.

We had a fun weekend with the kids. Went to see "Over the Hedge". Very funny, I highly recommend it, even if you don't have kids. Well written, well acted, just an all around good movie. William Shatner as the possum - genius. I love it when he makes fun of his own over acting. And Steve Carell stole the show with his hyper-active squirrel.

Then last nite we went to Main Event - bowling, lazer tag, video games, etc. I stand undefeated in air hockey. No man has ever beaten me. I'm not gloating, I'm just saying. Ok, yeah, I'm gloating a bit. It's the only game I'm good at, let me have my glory dammit!

Back to work tomorrow. But today, we will laze around and cook things on the grill in honor of this day. Why do we consume large amounts of food on every holiday? Because it's the American way, gosh darnit. I'm off to the store.

4 Comments:

Blogger monogodo said...

I should get my wife to challenge you to a game of Air Hockey. It's extremely rare for her to lose at all.

5/30/2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Tell her to bring it. :)

5/30/2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Congrats on the show! And...WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE IN A CAR WRECK???!?! ARE YOU OK? HOLY SHIT! I go to Ireland and the whole world breaks loose! FUCK! It was the 12th pint of Guinness that did it, I KNEW IT.

5/30/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Are you back? Awesome.

I'm fine, really. Still sore, but it will pass. I'm in touch with an attorney. And yes, very excited about the show next week! Weeee!

5/30/2006 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter