Monday, March 06, 2006

Mondays just don't suck like they used to.

Good morning everyone! Beautiful day, beautiful weather, still employed and looking exceptionally cute today. :)

We had a good show on Friday, small (25 or 30 folks, I think) but receptive crowd, and a good group of comics. The teen, since dumping her most recent boyfriend, had nothing better to do on a Friday nite, so she went along to see the show. To my surprise, she handed out fliers, and actually coaxed a half a dozen people into coming to the show! She may have a future in sales. Evan ran the sound and lights, cuz that's how he rolls, and I made people laugh. What a team. It was a lovely evening, although we didn't get home until very late, as usual. Many thanks to Shaun Arredondo for inviting me to be a part of it. He is one of the nicest and most sincere people in the comedy world that I've met thus far.

Nice but uneventful weekend after that. Watched more "Oz", we're halfway thru season 5 now. Lots of full frontal in this season, and I think I'm starting to tire of looking at a plethora of penises. Or is it peni? Didn't really do much else, a little cleaning, some laundry, some video games. We're getting DSL this week, connecting the computers, and plan to do some LAN gaming with Unreal Tournament and my roomie Dave. These boys have no idea how much ass I kick on first-person shooters. They're in a for a surprise, and a painful, humiliating death. Yes, chicks play video games. Well, the cool ones do.

Evan's out giving the teen another driving lesson today, followed by a job interview for her. They've made some sort of deal on the driving/job/car thing that I'm not included in. Hell, if he can get her to do something productive, rock on. I've tried for 17 years. He's an amazing influence on my kids.

Still no word on the fate of the WECT. I'm sad about that. As details arise, I will pass them on, but for now, I have no idea. I hope it doesn't close permanently, but that is a distinct possibility at this point. I had my first paying gig there, so many wonderful shows, the festival, the contest, I hate to see it go away. And that's where I met Evan, so it will always have sentimental value - but sentimental value doesn't buy a liquor license.

That's it for now. Many happy returns. Back to work for me. The silence here is so nice. :)

blog counter
blog counter