Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy (almost) New Year!

Ahh, the last working day of 2005.

Good show last nite. I’m so tired today and feeling crappy again. I still sound like someone has taken a lawn mower to my vocal cords, but I’m hoping that will pass soon. It has to, right? A couple of Jager shots helped soothe me through the show. It tastes enough like cough syrup, I was hoping it had some medicinal qualities. Sean the bartender never steers me wrong.

We had a nice crowd, around 30+ people. They laughed a lot. I think I had a pretty good set, considering how lousy I’ve been feeling. I don’t know how much time I did, I was just glad that they could hear me. But now my voice is even more strained and I’m feeling a lot of pain. Hey, that rhymed! I didn’t stay to see everyone as I was anxious to get home and take more meds. Damn this lingering illness! Since I get sick every year on Christmas, my friend Blair has decided that I must be allergic to Jesus. Hmm.

Many thanks to Eric Lokke, Damus Smith and Shawn Halpin for putting the show together and for asking me to be a part of it. I got the coolest poster that has all of our pictures on it! My roommate Dave was quite impressed. That one’s going in a frame. The poster, not the roommate.

No big plans for New Years. I have Monday off, yay! Evan’s teaching tomorrow, and we’re hanging with the kids for the weekend. We’re becoming quite the little family. He was up late last nite ‘bonding’ with my oldest daughter. I’m afraid to ask what that means. Hopefully it was a good thing. I was too tired to get the details at 3 AM. I’m hoping his assumption that she hates him has subsided. It’s not him, she just hates everyone, but especially anyone who gets my attention. He’s been a good sport about it all. Teenage girls are not easy to deal with, I know this. I was the same way with my mom after she and my dad divorced. No one was ever good enough for mom. And she’s still single. Yikes. But she only had one kid. I have 3 little people, and they all have opinions.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year’s Eve. Don’t drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill it. Or worse, you might get stopped. By a guard rail.

12 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

You too Jenn! May '06 be Fantastic!

12/30/2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger I said...

I think that it is interesting that someone named Blair is accusing you of being allergic to religious stuff. Isn't Blair some kind of satanist name normally? That wasn't me. It was the routers talking.

12/30/2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Step away from the routers, Tom. Step away.

12/30/2005 7:41 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

A park ranger eh? On the lookout for stolen pic-a-nic baskets?

Spam is fun. :)

12/31/2005 1:33 AM  
Blogger I said...

I'm fun too. Right?

12/31/2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

When you don't complain about things, it makes it difficult for me to post comments on your blogs. Why do things have to be going so well for you, dammit? I'm sick too. Damn carnies...always spreading their diseases and lies.

12/31/2005 6:52 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lol. I'll try to drum up some drama for you Beth. I think Evan has caught my illness, so now I'll be taking care of him for the next several days. Otherwise though, I just can't complain. We didn't even drink in the New Year, so I have no hangover either. I have a hangnail that's a bit bothersome...

1/01/2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Jesus is coming? I better look busy.

1/03/2006 3:32 PM  
Blogger I said...

I was busy once.

1/07/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger I said...

What the Hell? Did Jesus get here and forget me. Or something?

1/10/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm still here. I'll write soon.

1/11/2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger I said...

Thank God! You're alive! I've been cheating on you with Laura's BLOG and some DR. lady that hates cell phones.

1/11/2006 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter