Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dance Dance Revolution

I’ve always said, if you don’t want people to read something, don’t put it on your blog. Learned my own lesson. I’ve never been one to censor myself, regardless of who my words may affect. I’ve been Ms. Nice Guy for years, rarely do I stand up for myself or cause a fuss. At least here, I can say whatever I want, without repercussions. Or so I thought. Silly me. Moving on.

I know it’s a little late to talk about New Years eve, but what the hell? Sorry. Suck it up and pretend this was written 13 days ago.

We took the children to Dave and Buster’s for dinner and gaming. The boys played shooting games while Emily and I played the games that give you coupons. We won a lot of coupons. The little ones both walked away with a toy of their choice. I wanted the shot glasses, but no. I let them have my share so they could get something bigger.

I have to tell you about the dance guy. You know that game that has the touch pads on the floor and you have to dance and hit the ones that are lighting up? What the hell is that thing called, Dance Dance Revolution or something like that? Anywho. So there’s this guy playing the game. Picture if you will – White guy, mid to late 30’s, really tall, thin, lanky, balding, with glasses. He’s wearing a white t-shirt (not a wife beater), 70’s style gym shorts, calf-high gym socks and sneakers. But the best part? He had his own sweat towel. Yes. A sweat towel. Are you kidding me? So this guy is dancing – well, I guess you call it dancing - all over the place. He gets all of the game moves perfect every time, but he still looks like a complete dork! He took on challengers and beat them, but I think they just did it for laughs. He was there for hours. We sat down, ordered food, played games, ate food, played more games, and he was still there! Seeing him attempt to mack on two asian girls was quite the spectacle. We laughed so hard. Well, Emily didn’t, she told us we were mean. (A teenage girl with compassion for the nerds? No way!) I wonder if he attempts those nifty moves at a club? I wonder if the staff has a nick-name for him? Cuz it looks like he spends a lot of time there. When we got home, irony or ironies, the South Park episode where the boys ‘got served’ and had to form a dance group was on. They found one kid in the arcade. He was a master of the dance game. “Dance without a machine? That’s just stupid!”

So if you’re in the neighborhood, stop by Dave and Buster’s at 75 and Walnut Hill. I have a feeling that guy is still there, dancing his dorky little self to death, sweat towel in hand.

I’ve been listening to Mitch Hedberg’s “Strategic Grill Locations” in the car. He recorded it at the Laff Stop in Houston (which is where I started doing comedy). Man, was he wasted. But still funny. What a loss.

9 Comments:

Blogger Larissa said...

doing the dance revolution is cheaper than a membership at the Y, and you don't have to worry about the xians.

1/13/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

Oh stop it! You'll start something and then it'll be on Dancing with the Stars!

1/13/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger I said...

Hey! Those asian chicks said I was cool!

1/14/2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LOL!

I guess it is a good work out. But you should have seen this guy. Just so funny.

1/15/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

You rarely speak up for yourself? Have you been slipping since you cussed out the lady at your son's graduation who took your rightful seat in the audience? Get back in the game, Jenn!

Speaking of speaking up for oneself, I personally am glad Emily has compassion for nerds. I feel that way because of, um, uh, well, I have compassion for people in general. :)

Re: Strategic Grill Locations, I too am amazed at Hedberg's inebriated performance on that album - e.g. half-finished jokes and impromptu embarrassed self-reviews ("That joke is ridiculous"). And there's that wacky female laugher sitting near the mike who is apparently as toasted as Hedberg.

Yet what's beautiful about it is that despite the performance's shortcomings, the audience's affection remains undiminished. This is how the world should work. We see people's flaws, but it doesn't stop us from recognizing their strengths or from making a place for them in the world. You're right; the album was still funny.

My goodness, all that typing and I wasted it on someone else's blog. Oh well!

1/16/2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hi Doug! We miss you.

I forgot about the lady at my son's function. I really wanted to smack her. But mostly, I'm a big wuss. I think hormones had more to do with that episode than anything else. :)

Hope you're doing well. Did you see that they finally released Mitch's autopsy report? Drug induced. Damn shame. Having been married to an addict, I know how hard it is for them to give it up. But Mitch will always be my favorite comedian.

1/17/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger I said...

The Asian chicks still think I am cool?

1/18/2006 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Free incorporate business Acdiscount eyewear Somerville ma dentist college Stop smoking in new york city Shelby convertible clone for sale Blood pressure medications and pregnancy Anti depressent zoloft quizes on paris hilton Lorazepam diazepam alcohol

3/04/2007 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Angry apu ringtone fragrance hd tv Homeowners insurance katy Benefit of accutane Commercial rechargeable battery stations Land rover 2000 Ford 2n tractors mp3 player Why is it so difficult to quit smoking Gay twink orgies men photos Pivot point trading the forex http://www.literotica-9.info Blackberry allergies http://www.pressurewashers3.info Spiritual lingerie weight loss plan telephone headsets Meet patents

4/26/2007 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter