Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Long time no blog

“You’re so cute when you’re slurring your speech,
but they’re closing the bar and they want us to leave.”

- Death Cab for Cutie, my new favorite CD. Thanks, honey. :)

I can’t believe how long it’s been since I’ve posted something here. My apologies. I’m not blog cheating, so don’t get any crazy ideas about all that.

Life is good but busy. My daughter's birthday show was a lot of fun, although I don't think she appreciated it near as much as I'd hoped. Teenagers. Hmph.

We had a fun trip to Chuck E. Cheese with the kids a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I realize they are all much older than the typical Chuck E. crowd. When we suggested it, we were just kidding. Surprisingly, all three of them wanted to go! Strange and amusing. So we went and ate pizza, played games and took a series of silly pictures in the photo booth. Somehow we managed to get all 5 of us into one shot. If I can remember to scan them, I’ll put them up. We’re an adorable family.

Evan and I went to see a play at the Pocket Sandwich Theater Friday nite, followed (of course) by the late stand up show at West End, which I hosted. A fun but long nite, and both of us had to work on Saturday. Yuck. But somehow we managed to get thru the day. I bought The Aristocrats and we watched it Saturday nite. I had seen it, Evan had not, so now he knows what ‘Strawberry Shortcake” means. :)

Geez, what else? We’re about to start our ‘happy hour’ shows at the club on Fridays. They will run from 6 PM to 9 PM, with a mixture of stand-up comedy and live music. Our first show from our production company. Yay! I’m so excited about it. We’re trying very hard to tap into the downtown ‘after work’ crowd. I know there’s a huge market there, and still so many people are unaware of the club’s existence. Cross your fingers.

Evan’s teaching me how to play Texas Hold ‘em Poker. He taught me months ago, but it was two days after we’d met and I was distracted by that goofy, ‘having fun with the new guy’ feeling, so I didn’t really absorb it at the time. But now that we’re settled into monogamy, I can learn and hopefully kick his butt. Ha! Probably not, but it’s fun anyway. We played last nite at a pub. I had a couple of good hands, but I ended losing early and watched him play. Not that I mind, I do still find him fascinating.

We got our furniture, it’s absolutely gorgeous! And we’re still looking for a place to move into together, nothing concrete just yet. More details to come.

I miss writing every day here. I’m keeping a daily journal by hand, but I have very little time to spend on the computer. I promise more stuff soon. Hello to my Houston folks, I hope you're still reading. One more post to come today. Hope everyone is doing well. Much love from your favorite Den Mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter