Thursday, January 19, 2006

Happy Thursday!

Hi folks! I really hate that I can’t write very often anymore. But I’ll try to put something up at least once a week.

Last weekend was great. Well, it started off not so great. I’m not terribly superstitious, but honestly, every time a Friday the 13th pops up on the calendar, something bad happens. To me, a friend, a family member. Every time. This one was no different. As soon as I arrived at the office on Friday morning, I had a message from my mother. It’s an emergency. Dammit! So I call her back and she’s done something to her foot and can’t walk. Meanwhile, I’m supposed to pick up my boss’s nephew from the airport, take him to her house to drop off his bags, walk the dog and bring the nephew back to the office. I call my mom back and find out if she can hang in there until I’m done with my errands. Yeah, she’s not dying, so it’s ok. I complete my tasks as quickly as possible and rush over to her house to get her to the doctor.

We arrived 15 minutes early to her doctor, but waited over 30 minutes to see him. Why bother to make an appointment then? I hate that. Moving on. I have a hard time seeing my mom as an ‘old’ person, because she’s just my mom. She’s not old to me. But in the waiting room of her doctor’s office, she was the youngest patient there. These folks were OLD. There were these two old men sitting there, probably in their late 70’s at least, each talking over the other cuz they couldn’t hear a thing. They were flirting with me, it was quite adorable. They commented on my “go-go” boots and asked if I drove a sports car. Ha! Too cute. Turns out mom has a stress fracture, and the only way to heal it is to stay off of it. Yeah, right. My mother is the world’s most stubborn person. Keeping her off her feet is like keeping me away from cake – it’s just not gonna happen. But she’s at home, resting, and she’ll be off work for the next couple of weeks.

Let’s see, what else. Lots of projects right now. We (Evan and I) are putting together our own production company. We have a name and email, we need to get business cards, a DBA and a webpage started. More details to come, fun and exciting stuff! I’m also working with some folks to put together a comedy workshop for kids. I’m creating the the core content for the curriculum, we have a location, and we purchased a domain over the weekend. More planning to do, and we need to get the instructors nailed down. Not literally. And I need to write some new jokes. But with all these other things going on, I may have to skip performing for a little bit to concentrate on the producing side. I’ll get back to it though. We’re trying to write Evan a good stand-up set as well. I want to see him perform again. He’s great on stage, and I know he misses it.

Can I just tell you how excited my kids are about the move? Especially my son. He just likes Evan so much, and he’s very happy that we’re moving in together. They get along great. Well, he gets along great with all of them. Even the teenager is ok with it, which is a shock to me. I figured there would be some slight resistance from at least one of them, but no, they’re all cool with it. I’m sure there will be some bumps along the way, but nothing life-shattering I’m sure.

I’m staying busy, as usual. Taking care of mom, running errands, working on the curriculum, open mic last nite, chilling at home tonite cuz I had to work late and I’m exhausted. Late show on Friday. Oh, that reminds me – this Friday is my oldest daughter, Lauran’s birthday. She’s turning 17. Holy crap! So, for her birthday I told her that she could pick her favorite comedians to do the 11 PM show on Friday nite, and she can bring some friends. Who’s the coolest mom ever? That’s right. It’s me. Should be a lot of fun. Seth, Corey, Bryce and Billy will be performing for sure, perhaps a couple of others. She told Evan and I that we both had to perform too. Ha!

Damn I’m a happy chick. Hope you all are doing well.

7 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Hope your Mom stays off her feet and heals quickly.

1/20/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Wow...sounds like a ton of awesome shit is going on. FINALLY.

And for the record: Friday the 13th has always been a good day for me. I think it's because I don't buy that Christian superstitious bullshit, so the good comes ten-fold. Just sayin'.

*clutches back in pain*

Good luck with the show tonight!

1/20/2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

You were ahead of the pack talking about Dance Dance Revolution. All of West Virginia's 157 middle schools are installing the video game "Dance Dance Revolution," as an effort to fight obesity.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=nation_world&id=3843920

1/25/2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LOL! That is funny. I guess that's the only way we can get kids to exercise these days, by combining video games and physical activities. Sad.

The show went well Laura, thanks for asking. My daughter wasn't near as appreciative as I'd hoped she would be, but I think everyone had a good time.

Now I'm in the same boat as Beth, I've done something to my back and it's killing me. Cross your fingers that the xrays don't show anything serious. Yikes. Hooray for pain meds.

1/25/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger I said...

I made a web page for comics once. You may remember getacomic.com. it is still there and nobody really gives a poop. I was hoping to give web space to comics who's domain was not available. If anyone is interested I will put them on it. It is actually one of my cooler web pages like hugenads.com but again.......Nobody really has any interest. I was surprised.

1/28/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

Jen, I miss you and your post. skye :)

2/05/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger I said...

I wanna dance?

2/06/2006 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter