Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yes, I'm still alive...

Bloggers, happy new year! 2006 is going to be a great year. How do I know? Well, I don’t for sure, but I’m terribly optimistic. I think this is the longest I've gone without writing. Don't think I care for it. Let's catch up, shall we?

I’m producing the 11 PM slot on Fridays this month for the club. Comics, hit me up for stage time. I just found out about this last Friday at 5 PM. Rob called and said they needed something for the timeslot. I wasn’t sure I would be able to put it together with such short notice. But then I remembered that I am the most amazing chick ever, and I managed to line up 6 good, solid comics for a very nice late show. Yay me! Evan and I are going to be putting together more stand-up shows for earlier time slots. More info to come.

We’re finished with the script, finally. Well, at least what we could do with it. I’m frustrated that things took an ugly turn there at the end. You get 5 or 6 people together with very different perspectives, and they don’t always mesh. There were lots of other issues – people’s cell phones not working when you needed to reach them, people missing meetings, and others not getting you the pages they were supposed to work on. Poor communication all around. It adds up to a huge clusterfucked mess. Sure, we were late to meetings a couple of times, but the only meeting we missed was when I was deathly ill after Christmas. We put a lot of time and effort into the project. But it’s over, it’s complete, and I guess that’s all that matters. Now we’re free to work on OUR projects, I’m looking forward to those, we have some great ideas and lots of folks who want to help.

We’ve seen a few movies recently. The Ringer, Fun with Dick and Jane, and Hostel. Oh yeah. My favorite of the three. Very twisted and sick, and I loved it. Not recommended for those with a weak constitution. Evan laughed his evil laugh at the worst parts, which in turn made me laugh. I don’t think others found the humor in it, but I was amused. The Ringer was funny, and I am not at all ashamed that we took my kids to see it, so there! Fun with Dick and Jane was a good Jim Carrey flick. Not great, but not terrible.

Looking at moving soon. Evan and I have decided to cohabitate. I'm excited! I’ll miss my house. Well, it’s not my house, but I’ve lived here for three years. Geez, has it been that long? I’ll miss my roomies too, but I’m sure they will be happy to have more space and a less crowded home. And they won’t have to worry about keeping me up at nite with their crazy rock and roll music. Lol. And I’m looking forward to having a place that’s really mine, or should I say ours, and not someone else’s, where we can all feel at home and comfortable.

Smiling and happy today, just the way I want to be. No complaints. My voice is back. My kids are well. My job is better. Or at least I’m trying to make it that way. I’m still funny, I feel great and my boyfriend is amazing (except when he wears socks with flip flops). What’s better than that? It’s about damn time. I’ve waited a long time to be this happy.

It was worth the wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter