Monday, December 19, 2005

Mondays come but once a week.

Hi blogger friends. Just coming off of an amazing and fun weekend. How was yours?

Friday was a good day. Well, the second half of it was. Evan surprised me at my office with a little gift. What a sweet man he is. I finagled tix to see Henry Cho at the Improv Friday nite. Great show, he’s very funny. I don’t ask for comedy privileges very often, but it’s nice to know they’re there when I want them. (Thanks, Justin!)

Saturday, woo, what a day. We had tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but Evan had to teach a class so we got to the concert late. Note to self – never send your roommate to do anything. There were two shows, an afternoon and an evening, and he bought me the wrong tickets. Oh well. It all worked out I suppose. We got to see about an hour of the show. It was really good, I’m just sorry we missed so much of it. I hope we can see them again next year. Lots of walking downtown, a quick dinner and off to see shows at the West End. First up, the Cooperation Corporation. These guys are funny. Really funny. I’m glad I could help them get a booking. Queertown was at 11, and my friend Karen was their opening act. She did a great job, I’m so proud of her! The show was good too; I especially liked their version of the 12 Days of Christmas.

My daughter has a new boyfriend. His name is Mouse. I call him Lab Rat. He’s a strange boy. Not sure if I like him yet. I’ll give him a break on the first impression, which wasn’t terribly favorable.

I haven’t been on stage in a month. I really need to get back to it. I’m doing a show on December 29th at the club (West End), along with Eric Lokke, Scott Allen, Shawn Halpin and Damus Smith. Should be a hoot. Me and 4 guys. There’s a fun Thursday nite. Open mic this Wednesday, and I don’t know what else is going on this week just yet. Script meetings before Christmas. Oh yeah, Christmas is this weekend! Wow. It just snuck up on me. I’ll be doing my shopping on Friday and Saturday as I don’t get paid until then. I’ve only bought gifts for Evan thus far, so I have a lot of last minute shopping to do. That should make for a fun weekend. Will I be stressed? I can guarantee it. Luckily my kids don’t want anything that’s impossible to obtain this year. I’ve spent many a Christmas in search of the hot yet elusive toy of the moment, in order to ensure that no small people in my house are disappointed. Then they play with it for a few days but end up more interested in the box that it came in. Ahh, parenthood. Looking forward to spending the holiday with Evan and the kids.

Have a good week y’all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

"Me and 4 guys. There’s a fun Thursday nite." Um....know how you feel. A vagina amid many ball sacs...been there too many times.

And his name is Mouse? SAVE HER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

12/19/2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger Skye said...

Lab Rat, he he. Merry Christmas .... Shopping oh crap! I totally spaced, it's this weekend, oh no how could it be Christmas now! LOL!

12/19/2005 11:42 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Her friend is dating a boy named "Toaster". Are you kidding me? I've been calling him Microwave.

12/19/2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Eww.

Thanks for that Laura.

12/19/2005 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter