Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Holidays. Done.

And a late Merry Xmas to you all. If there’s one Christmas tradition I could do without, it’s being sick. I typically get the flu or some other vile bug right around the holidays, and this year was no exception. Fever and chills and coughing and all that. Feels like someone took a hammer to my chest and head. But I’m back at work today, much to my surprise. I look frightening and have no voice, so maybe people will avoid me. I can dream. My most awesome boyfriend took care of me and watched the children during my incapacitated state. He’s so freaking wonderful. He made sure I took my meds and rested, and he entertained the kids. I’m a lucky girl. I can’t think of anyone I’d rather spend all my time with.

Before the illness took me over completely, we had a nice time. The children got what they wanted, of course. I spoil, yes, because I love. My sweetie and I exchanged goodies as well – and then we opened our presents. Goo goo! Teehee! Darn I crack myself up. Nice gifts all around, I think everyone was pleased.

We made gingerbread cookies. Not your typical gingerbread cookies. These were more like accident victim, trauma ward gingerbread cookies. Evan’s twisted like that – one of his many endearing qualities. They were hideously cool. Luckily they didn’t taste like they looked! We took lots of pictures, we just haven’t decided whose site they’re going up on yet. I’ll let you know.

Hoping for the return of my voice and my sense of humor. I’ve got a show to do tomorrow nite. More Christmas tales when I'm feeling like typing again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Sorry you got sick, ick! Glad you have someone special . Take care and don't over exert yourself.

12/28/2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

We're almost there! It's at 8981 right now. Did you ever figure out how to put one on yours?

12/28/2005 12:59 PM  
Blogger I said...

I had a girlfriend once. I wonder what ever happened to that b*tch?

12/28/2005 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter