Monday, December 12, 2005

Finally, a post.

Bloggers, fear not. Jenn is still here. Man, have I been busy! Ok, sorry for taking so long. I can’t really post during the day as my job is less than enthused with my internet obsession. Here’s what’s been happening:

Friday we attended my daughter Emily’s holiday choir concert at her school. Her group was the best of course. She had emailed a ‘formal’ invitation to Evan, insisting that he be there. He thought it would be fun if we dressed up for the occasion, so we did. He looks awesome in a suit, and I looked pretty amazing in my little black dress, if I may say so. After that, dinner out with the kids, where we all proceeded to sing along to “Hey Mickey”. The waitstaff was amused. Saturday I got all domestic. Cleaned the house, grocery shopped, made a great dinner (I make a kickass chicken fried rice), and we watched movies with the kids. Evan’s pick – Shaolin Soccer. Never seen that one before and I loved it. If you haven’t seen it, you must. The kids liked it too. Emily’s pick – The Princess Bride. Always a good one.

The script is close to being finished. We had a read-through last nite and it went well. There was a local film critic on hand who laughed at most of the appropriate spots, so I guess we did something right. A few more tweaks and we should be done, then it’s on to casting and shooting. Weee! This has been a learning experience for all of us. I can’t wait to see how it all turns out.

I was mentioned in the Dallas Morning News in the Guide section on Friday, as were my soul-sista Beth, host Johnny Elbow, and comedians Corey Sutton and Dustin Ybarra. I’ll try to upload the article later, but here’s a link: http://www.guidelive.com/feature/132/
Very nice little article, and so nice to see our names in print.

This week, work work work, more script stuff, pre-production on a short film or two, and then, the weekend! Some great shows are coming up, and dammit, we need a nite off from all this work! Friday nite we will be attending the very funny and clever Cooperation Corporation show, followed by Queertown – my friend Karen is opening the show, yay! And, as part of Evan’s Christmas gift, I got us tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Saturday. I am an awesome girlfriend. Oh yes.

Open mic won’t be happening this week at WECT for a couple of reasons. One, the Improv is having an open mic this week. Two, there is a going away party at the club for one of the Queertown guys. Apparently he met up with with Shirley Maclaine, she loved him, got him an agent, and he’s moving to L.A to stay with her. Best wishes and good luck to Kevin. Our friend Misty is also leaving for L.A. in a few weeks. Very exciting, I hope she does well out there.

That’s about it folks. Hope you all have a great week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

You weren't kidding you hae been busy. I sure missed ya. :)

12/12/2005 12:47 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

WOW! I ruffled feathers! How awesome for us to be mentioned! Exclamation point!

12/12/2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger I said...

I'm confused. Who the hell are you writing scripts for?

12/12/2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hi Skye. Hate to disappoint you, and Beth too cuz she'll stab me. I'll try to write more than once a week. :)

Beth, you remain my favorite feather-ruffler. Question mark?

Tom, it's a project for some friends who own a production company. Full-length movie, very exciting. But I can't talk about it or I'll have to kill you.

12/12/2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger I said...

No problem. I think I'm dead already. I did manage to pass CHEM so maybe I will be able to show my face outside of work and school again. DAMMIT!

12/14/2005 9:39 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Funniest thing I've heard regarding the article this week, from Robby Bowen:

"I love the fact that you're mentioned on a page with a title
like Cheap Date. Priceless."

thanks, Robby.

12/15/2005 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter