Thursday, December 01, 2005

2005 Rocked. No, seriously. It did.

The end of the year is approaching. Wow. I can’t believe it’s gone by so fast. I am dubbing 2005: “best Jenn year ever”. Some great things have happened to me this year. Some bad, too, but I choose not to dwell on those. So here’s a list of reasons why this has been the Best Jenn Year Ever:

This year….

I was booked for my first gig as a comedian.

I met lots of new people and made some fabulous new friends.

I had my first (and second!) comedy audition.

My older daughter and I finally started talking to each other - instead of at each other.

I got to take my younger daughter to her very first concert, by her very favorite band. Coolest mom ever? That’s right. You know it.

My ex-husband stopped hating me. Never thought that would happen. I don’t think he likes me very much, but at least we’re civil to each other.

My first husband finally achieved peace. Yeah, he’s dead, but trust me – he’s better off.

I’ve had tons of fun with all three of my kids.

My mom made it through the year with no major hospital stays. Unlike last year.

I got cool new roommates who only annoy me on occasion. Boys.

I proved myself as a producer and organizer of comedy shows/events.

I saw my good friends grow and improve as comedians.

I met my soul-sista, the woman who is just like me, only younger, possibly cooler. (Oh, who am I kidding, of course she’s cooler. Word, B.)

I met an amazing, supportive man who makes me laugh and smile, pretty much all the time, and who my kids actually like hanging out with. Didn't see that coming.

I helped write my first script.

I ventured out of my comfort zone, comedy-wise, with great results.

I blogged my ass off. That doesn’t seem like much of an accomplishment, but the fact that I’ve been writing at least weekly for nearly an entire year is definitely something to be happy about. I’ve written several things that I’m quite proud of.

And finally – I actually earned money this year, as a performer and a producer. Not enough to live on, but it’s a start. Maybe this time next year, I’ll be doing it for a living. Comedy rocks. So do I.

Here's to a great year!

10 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

You ROCK JEN! I'm glad I had the chance to meet you even if it's on-line.xoxo always.

12/01/2005 7:06 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Awww..I am cooler. ha ha ha. Don't forget all the frat boys numbers you got at that mixer party and all those public indecency tickets! 2005 was a blast!

12/01/2005 8:24 PM  
Blogger I said...

Am I a soul sister?

12/02/2005 4:40 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Aren't you supposed to be working?
hahahaha

12/02/2005 5:50 PM  
Blogger I said...

Believe it or not. I am still at FUCKING work! Sh*t! I have a mic here and do stand up for all the routers in the building. Much like my live appearances, they laugh hysterically.

Doofleboy has spoken. Again.

12/02/2005 6:46 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

Ok if you don't post soon I'm , I'm thinking... :)

12/07/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I am a slacker, I know. Not much going on at the moment, we're in script writing hell and our deadline is fast approaching. As soon as we get that done and relax, I'll post something, I promise!

12/08/2005 11:51 AM  
Blogger Skye said...

Ok, I thought maybe you and Beth ran off and was going to suprise us all from Cabo. xoxo's

12/08/2005 12:50 PM  
Blogger I said...

I'm getting tired of looking at this post. I need new stuff. Work is dull.

12/09/2005 5:03 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Apparently 2005 rocked so hard that you don't give a shit about updating! What the fuck, man? What the fuck?

12/10/2005 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter