Tuesday, November 29, 2005

What I'm thinking about today

Hi folks. No, I haven't written lately. Yes, I'm sorry. Don't be mad, 'kay?

I’m tired today. Haven’t slept well lately.

It finally feels more like winter. Glad to have the cold weather, I much prefer it to the hot humid summers that we get here.

My kids are insane. Luckily, they are cute and funny. Otherwise I would have sold them years ago. It’s been so wonderful to watch them grow up. No, they aren’t quite grown yet, but they are getting closer and closer to being adults. Makes me tear up a bit to recall them when they were small.

Lauran has improved so much over the last two years. She’s doing great in school. I can tolerate her friends. And she finally dumped that loser boyfriend of hers. Don’t get me wrong, he was a nice kid - just an idiot. But I fear she requires a doormat as a boyfriend. She is the "alpha" in all of her relationships. But she could do way better than him. I can’t believe she’ll be 17 in January.

Emily is adorable and funny. I can see big things happening for her. I never thought I could handle one teenage girl, let alone two, but she is amazing. Even at the age of 13, I don’t envision the difficulties I had with her sister happening with her. Well, I hope not anyway. It’s weird, she actually reminds me of a friend of mine from high school.

Chris is so much like his dad, but that’s not a bad thing. He’s not into sports, but he’ll kick your butt on pretty much any video game out there. He loves to draw and he’s good at it. I do my best to encourage his artistic abilities. He’ll be 12 in the spring. Wow. Doesn’t seem like it’s been that long. He is quite cute. I do love my kids.

Evan made a funny short film with some footage of the kids for a class project. It was hilarious! We re-filmed some of the clips yesterday, and I hope the re-edit turns out well. He had help from our friend Bryant, the master of editing. I know nothing about that sort of thing. I don’t have the patience for it.

I haven’t been well lately. I don’t like it. Some days it’s hard to get out of bed. Some days I just sit at my desk, completely unable to focus. I’m prone to crying spells, sometimes for no reason. I used to be a happy person. I used to be fun to be around. What’s happened to me? Whatever it is, I'll beat it. I haven’t been on stage in 2 weeks. I need to perform, that always makes me feel better, if only temporarily.

Have a great week folks. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger decade5 said...

Poor sweetie. I'm here for you.

11/30/2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm doing better. Really need to see my doc soon though. Something's just not right.

11/30/2005 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter