Thursday, November 10, 2005

Open mic - with an audience?

Good morning everyone! We had a really good open mic at the West End last nite. I haven’t seen an audience that size since, well, I’ve never seen an audience that size at an open mic!

A reporter from the Dallas Morning News was there. She and her date stayed for the entire show – 22 comics at 4 minutes each. What a trooper. Their photographer took lots of shots, although I don’t know if any of them will be printed. Rob and I chatted with the her after show. She was very nice and had a great time. I can't wait to see the article!! I'll post it here of course.

I am so excited about the press we’re getting for the club. And it’s so great to have the open mic back! I missed it. I think everyone else did too. Certainly appears that way from the turnout. Even my 16 year old daughter decided to come see the show. She doesn't get to see me 'at work' very often. But I know she really just came to see Corey Sutton. :)

Big thanks to all the comics who came. It was great to see all the regulars, as well as some not-so-regulars. We had one new girl, I liked her and hope to see her again. I thought she was funny.

Can I get a hell yeah and a great big giant “You go girl!” for Beth, the only person who had the balls to dip into a political rant in a roomful of apparent Republicans. Obviously a touchy subject for those old fucks, huh? I heart you chickie. You are awesome. I almost got into a fist fight over you. ;) Fuck them.

8 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

"HELL YEAH"

11/10/2005 11:39 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

"I haven't seen an audience that size since, well," I'm glad I could make things back to their normal size. HA HA! Ok, now I want to cry.

Chris almost got his ass kicked by them too. I love my boy. I feel bad for Billy. But hey...it is an OPEN MIC for god's sake. We can come back next week. (though I'll probably sit that one out)

11/10/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

who did you almost get into a fist fight with?

11/10/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I was kinda kidding...Monty's girlfriend and I were fighting over which one of us could take you home. ;)

11/10/2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh, and Beth - even after those douchebags left, it was STILL a bigger audience than we usually have! So there!

11/10/2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger Hebi said...

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/11/2005 10:13 AM  
Blogger I said...

I'm gonna come back too. I hope that I don't need two friends this time.

11/11/2005 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Nude pregnant brittney spears Boat and tote weekender Colored+contact+lens patio heaters German teens with big breasts lamictal rash picture nutritional supplements Popular songs and dance in the 1920's

4/26/2007 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter