Monday, November 07, 2005

Contest Winners

Good morning everyone! If you haven't heard, I wanted to announce the winners of the first annual Dallas Funniest Person contest:

3rd place - Brent Dawson
2nd place - Dustin Ybarra
1st place - Brandon Enriquez as Yarko

Congratulations to the winners! It was a great show. Tom Devenport and Corey Sutton also had wonderful sets. The scores were incredibly close. I wish everyone could win.

Many, many thanks to the following people for making this happen:

Doug and Rob at the West End Comedy Theatre, along with all their great staff.
Dixon Wiles for hosting.

And our awesome judges:
Bo & Jim from 92.5 KZPS
Andrea Grimes from the Dallas Observer
Robby Bowen
Chad Cline
Karen Crowell
Chris Dodgen
Richard Schiller
Paul Varghese

Thanks to Bryce Richardson, Ken Mathias and Chris Dodgen for entertaining the audience while votes were tallied. Thanks to Seth Cowles (and FedExKinkos), who is funny and useful.

Special thanks to Evan Ramsay for trophy procurement, much needed assistance and moral support. Someone has to keep me focused, and he does an amazing job at that.

And thanks to all the comics who came out to support, and everyone who participated in the contest. I apologize if I've left someone out here. This was a blast to put on, and I can't wait to do it next year. We had over 150 people in attendance for the finals, we go lots of great press and, of course, the most fabulous comics anywhere! I'm so proud of you guys! And, if I may, a little pat on the back to me for putting this thing together. I rock. Oh yes, I really do. And no, my head is not getting any bigger. I'm just so happy to have been a part of this.

Thanks again everyone! Have a fantastic week, and I'll see you Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter