Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm not happy

Sometimes I do tire of being Ms. Niceguy. Seems that everytime I try to do something good, it goes to hell. Case in point:

I asked the club if we could host a stand-up comedy benefit for the Red Cross. Seems like a good idea, no? They said sure, sounds great. I said ok, cool, I’ll put together 6 comics, we can do an hour show and donate the proceeds to charity. They said sure, sounds great. So I booked the comics. The club picked the date. I didn’t want to do it on a Thursday nite as I was not at all interested in interfering with a regularly scheduled show. They said it’s no problem, we can make it a whole charity evening, an hour of improv followed by an hour of stand up. I said sure, sounds great.

Not great.

I get a call from the person in charge of the improv troupe, a mere 2 days from the event, and this person informs me that instead of 6 comics, I can only have 4, and instead of an hour, we’re getting 28 minutes, and the troupe will be doing 50 minutes, cut into 2 sets.

Fuck that.

I’m very mad and frustrated, and I apologize profusely to the comics for this blunder. Had I known it would turn out this way, I would have begged for a night other than a Thursday. Improv and stand up are just two very different animals and shouldn’t be in the same show, in my oh so humble opinion. Different personalities, different audiences, etc.

I do love comedy. I do love the club. I don’t like the political bullshit drama that goes on in this business and sometimes I question whether or not I’m cut out for it. I'm tired of losing sleep over shit like this. Dammit. I hate looking like an asshole.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Honestly, I'm almost ready to drop us all and just let them have their improv nite. But no, that would be really shitty of me.

I basically flipped a coin to decide who to take out, and took myself out as well. You're still in.

9/15/2005 10:33 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

All night Improv? Sounds like a BLAST. When will people learn that improv is neither entertaining nor funny? Just me? I agree that they are different animals. I don't know why they book improv and stand up on the same nights so often. It kind of kills the crowd. To me, improv people are like the annoying "theater" kids from high school. Really self-centered, over exaggerated gestures, and they cling to one another like toes in a sock. Oh, and irritating. Wow...I just showed my true colors. Hey, at least it's my opinion...not yours.

9/15/2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love you Beth, I really really do. Tonite will be a trainwreck. I can see it now.

9/15/2005 12:17 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Brandon's a fucking turd asshole anyhow. Fuck that guy. He knows damn well how far I come from to go to the show and after 6 hours in the car, he won't let me in the club until HE is ready even to just sit quietly in a chair and mind my own business. Pterentios fucking dickhead who needs an ass whipping and I ain't the least bit afraid to say it. His night or not, it was supposed to be for charity. Let loose a little now and again. I hope his cat claws his nads next time his man friend is balls deep in has ass and his hole tightens up from the pain and the two fuckwits get stuck in that warm embrace because his puckerhole won't let go until the cat gets his claws unstuck from his bag. FUCK HIM and I hope he dies for thinking the world revolves around him and his shitty completely unfunny improv troupe. There! I said it for ya.

Perhaps from now on a strict enforcement of the three minute rule on him during open mic nights might be appropriate, Mrs Producer and time wench.

Until later...

9/16/2005 9:47 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

boy, can I spell pretentious or what?

9/16/2005 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

3/04/2007 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter