Sunday, July 24, 2005

Thou doth protest too much

Good Sunday morning to you! My coffee is brewing and I'm in a writin' mood.

My Saturday: We did the fake protest for the Comedy Festival yesterday. If it wasn't obvious that I'll do anything for comedy, it certainly is now. Do you know how hot it was out there? If it wasn't way over 102 degrees, I'd be surprised.

There were about a dozen of us, comics and improv folks. My daughter Emily went along. She carried a smaller sign that said "Comedy Stunts Your Growth". She handed out flyers like a pro, not letting anyone slip past her. She even flyered the cars in the parking garage as we were leaving. What a trooper. That's my girl!

We started off at the West Village, but not enough people showed up so we went on to the next location. At Mockingbird Station, the DART police ran us off. Those ladies sure gave us some attitude, didn't they? Geez. Female law enforcement officer = no sense of humor. I was hoping someone would get arrested, that would have been funny. My daughter was a little worried when the police got involved, saying, "I don't think my dad would approve of this!" Ha! Yeah, I could see having to explain that to him. "Um, yeah, hi, we need you to come pick us up. Where are we? Um, hmm. Funny story about that. You're gonna laugh!"

So then we went down to the shops in front of the Angelika, but security said we couldn't stand there either. We figured if we kept moving, no one would bother us, so we walked around the block. People honked, and read our signs. I don't think they got it, but we did garner a bit of attention.

There's a great article in the Dallas Voice about Doug, Rob and the Comedy Festival.
Check it out: http://www.dallasvoice.com/articles/dispArticle.cfm?Article_ID=6357

The Observer also did a write up about it:
http://www.dallasobserver.com/Issues/2005-07-21/calendar/performance.html

I will be there every day, performing in two shows and working in some capacity the rest of the time. It's gonna be a busy week, but I'm so looking forward to it. Big hugs to Doug and Rob for putting this whole thing together. You guys are the best!

And now my coffee is ready. I'm off to caffeinate myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

You are evil.

Pure evil.

Shut up about my daughter.

7/25/2005 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know damn well that that's fuckin' funny and if you want to fuck her, ask. Kissing her ass is not the key.

7/25/2005 10:17 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yes, I do.

I have a sense of humor, I really do. But I had to delete that one, for the same reason I deleted the other one. People can say what they want about *me*, but dammit, don't talk shit about my kids. I know my daughter is very attractive - I birthed her after all, I was there.

7/25/2005 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Memphis gay church members Combat sports academy texas concerta er Bigqwam shoes call center software Washers pieces each laser eye surgery motorcycle insurance Table tennis table dimension hot master spa tub Hypotension medication for low blood pressure Effects breast implants Zoloft pharmacy online sale Settle for a slow down- dierks bentley The best bet 2006 movie Hot cool fast cars Low cholesterol diet information in spanish

4/25/2007 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter