Monday, July 25, 2005

Yes, but is it a BATTERY???

Hi folks. I don't have much to write about today, but I thought this was kinda funny.

Saturday morning, Emily and I were passing a store called "Batteries Plus". Being the crazy mom that I am, I dared her to go in and ask if they sold....batteries. So she did. The guy wasn't amused, but I was. Much giggling ensued. Well worth the dollar she asked for in exchange for being my puppet. (I love that my kids have a crazy sense of humor like mine.)

It would have been really funny if he said, "No, we don't sell batteries here." I like it when people play along. Wasn't gonna happen with this guy.

But, I did actually need some batteries, so while I'm at the register, his co-worker is helping another customer. The conversation went like this:

Battery guy: "Can I help you find something sir?"

Customer: "Um, yeah, can you take a look at this? I'm not sure what I need for it."

Battery guy: "Sure. Is it a battery?"

Customer: "Well I'm not sure. It needs something, I'm just not sure what."

Battery guy: "Yes, but is it a BATTERY? That's what we have here, sir. BATTERIES!"

Beligerent battery boys with no sense of humor. Absolutely made my day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/25/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, I guess I could see that. :)

7/25/2005 1:03 PM  
Blogger I said...

You should have asked the guy for a capacitive storage device. So is anyone going to post something about a bitter battery beetle battle in a puddle?

7/25/2005 4:16 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

This guy was too young to be hot, plus he had a bad attitude.

Welcome back Sarah! We missed you.

7/26/2005 8:15 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm swearing off boys for a while, ripply muscles and all. Need to focus on my writing and my comedy.

7/26/2005 8:35 AM  
Blogger The Hatleyman said...

Next time, take your vibrator with you and tell him you need new batteries for your telephone...I'm sure the look of confusion is worth a thousand evil giggles...

7/26/2005 7:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I might have to try that. :)

7/27/2005 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a sketch on a comedy show called 'Big Train' about a ball shop.

Customer: Hi, do you sell balls (as a joke)

Clerk: No, no we dont. (serious)

Customer: Haha... ha... erm.. no seriously can I buy a ball?

Clerk: Sorry sir, I can't help you.

(30 seconds of confused looks... customer leaves)

Clerk: (looks around realises) Shit! NO Wait! ... Duh!! .....



funny

8/01/2005 5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter