Friday, June 26, 2009

The Crush

Well, it seems that the crush my grindcore bassist has on me is a little more severe than I anticipated. He's back home in Albuquerque, but we've talked almost every day since he left.

Now, we all know how Jenn feels about 'relationships' - I'm not good at them, and I don't have them. But this guy really seems to dig me, we're talking hardcore. I'm not convinced that I'm going off the market just yet, but there's a little whisper in my head that says, "Why the hell not?"

I think that part of his fascination with me lies in the fact that I'm so far removed from his music scene. I don't listen to it, don't follow it, I'm not a groupie or even close to being something similar. Not to mention that I'm possibly the exact opposite of most people he hangs out with. He says he loves talking to me because I'm not like 'those stupid 20-year old girls'.

His bandmates have been asking me this question: "What did you do to him?"

Well, the same thing I do to all the others, I suppose. But they're usually too young to really be won over by my Libran charm. But this one, he's a bit mesmerized. We've been having those long conversations, the ones that keep you up way too late, even though you have to work early the next morning. He misses me. He wants to come back and visit.

I am pretty damn charming, aren't I?

But as a performer, I also understand the love he has for what he does. Comedy is very important to me, music is very important to him. Plus he gets the added bonus of me not being jealous and crazy and, well, young. I'm not going to freak out when he goes on tour - which is coming up soon.

I don't know. We'll see how this develops. You'll be the first to know. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger I said...

Okay, I say why the Hell not but please note that the Great Doofleboy has spoken. This is not going to end well.

What did you think about my shake idea? I feel so dirty now. HA! I kill us. Man...you didn't even email me back. I'm like your biggest fan too.

6/30/2009 7:12 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I know it won't end well, but it could be a whole lot of fun before it ends! :)

7/06/2009 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter