Friday, January 26, 2007

Good things from this week

Focusing on the good things that have happened, the things that made me smile.

The cashier at Schlotzsky’s told me I smelled good.
“Who smells good?” I asked.
“You do!” he said.
“Really?” I was boggled that my perfume could be noticed from behind a counter in a shop full of sandwich smells.
“Yeah, like vanilla.” Then I realized that I had just put on some hand lotion before I left the office.
“Well, I do enjoy smelling like cake whenever I can.”

He looked at me kinda funny but laughed anyway.

Got a message on Myspace from the Hood, saying I was missed in the comedy world.
Aww. I miss you guys too. I'm not gone forever. Just taking a hiatus.

The boyfriend actually read my blog and made a funny as hell comment which nearly made me spit tea all over my desk. I love that man. And I love that he watches these stupid shows with me.

I made people laugh with some jokes I’m working on. One was a co-worker. He’s selling Girl Scout cookies for his daughter, and he asked if I was ever in the scouts.


“Yeah, but I wasn’t a very good Girl Scout. My sewing badge fell off.”
Someone told me a while back that it was a ‘hack’ joke. I don’t know, I think I could add some stuff to it and make it work.

The other joke involves my horrible job-interviewing process over my 3 month stint of unemployment. I may write about it, I haven’t decided.

Our attorney and settlement woes from the car accident last year are soon to be settled. That's definitely something to look forward to.

A good week overall. I forget to look at the good stuff too most of the time.

Smiles, everyone, smiles!

1 Comments:

Blogger I said...

Ya know.....F*ck anyone that comments about hack jokes. We're all hacks then. Name something that has never been done. That's what I thought. Whoever told you that I want you to deliver a personal message from your ol buddy Doof. F*ck You.........Hack! Unless of course it was Paul Varghese.

Yeah, Leykis is okay I guess. He's not spewing any info we didn't already know. I think getting an education and just doing what men are supposed to do negates any need for Tom Leykis but hey....Whatever blows your skirt up.

I'm glad you still post! Keep it up!

1/29/2007 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter