Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I don't want to brag...

Ok, maybe a little.

Right now I'm just feeling *good*.
Happy and good.
I'm feeling funny again.
I got my haircut and it looks fabulous.
I'm putting my resolutions into action and I know that I will see awesome results from them.

It's good to feel this way. It makes everyone around me a little happier when I'm smiling. The last few days have been great. I got off work a little early yesterday and the boyfriend and I had a nice meal together, before he had to go to work. We laughed and talked and it just felt good to be with him. Not that it doesn't normally, but some days we just feel closer than normal. We made the waitress lady laugh, like we always do. I love when we leave a place and someone says, "You guys really made my day. You were fun." That's a good feeling.

We talked about planning a 'family' vacation for the summer, somewhere cool to take the kids. There's a million places we could go. We talked about everything and nothing, all at once. Then he was off to work, and even though he was leaving, I still felt good. I decided to take a quick nap, and the next thing I know, he's back at home! Class was cancelled, so he came in to snuggle with me for a while. What a nice surprise. We laughed and talked some more, about silly things. Then we played some World of Warcraft, ordered a pizza, and watched what will probably be the worst reality show ever on television. But he watched it. Why? Because I wanted to watch it. That's what couples do. It's all a give and take. Relationships are all about Compromise. I'll play video games with you, if you'll watch the stupid shows that I like. I'll cook nice meals for you, if you help out with the dishes once in a while. And I will love you, and all you really have to do is love me back. The concept of unconditional love is starting to make more sense to me.

It feels so good to laugh. I've been doing a lot of that lately, the kind of laughter that is uncontrollable and leaves your stomach muscles twitching. The kind of laughter that brings tears to your eyes. The kind of laughter that makes other people around you laugh. Infectious. Uninhibited. I love that.

Enjoy your moments.
Laugh today.
Love today.
Live today.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger I said...

Christ! I think I'm gonna widge, and not the good kind that drunk hookers do bent over a subway trash can with no panties and a fist full of twenties. The routers and I have an understanding. Now that's love!

The Great Doofleboy has spoken!

1/10/2007 6:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ha! I kinda figured this one would make you nauseated. Teehee.

Some days I'm funny, Tom, and other days I'm just a girl.

1/11/2007 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter