Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Video killed the comedy star...with sharp icicles

It's still very, very cold. A nice layer of ice remains on one side of the car, because it hasn't been warm enough yet to melt it away. It's funny to see cars driving around with icicles hanging from them.

Two ice storms in Dallas in less than 2 months. Hooray for winter! But this one wasn't so bad, and it's safe to drive today.

Tonite, I get to pick up the item that may very well change our lives: A video camera.

("Our" lives as in me and the people I spend my time with, just to clarify. I doubt this will be a life-changing event for anyone reading this...wow, I do tend to blather on in parentheses, don't I?)

A late Christmas gift for us, I managed to procure from a trusted source (daughter's boyfriend) a video camera that has been used gently and infrequently. The boyfriend has wanted one as long as I've known him, but they are soooo expensive, and borrowing one is just inconvenient most of the time. So now we can put all of those crazy skits and sketches we've been dreaming up over the past year onto film.

Look out, You Tube.

And, for the WoW geek in all of us...that's World of Warcraft for the uninformed...we obtained a copy of The Burning Crusade last nite, the very first upgrade/expansion for the game. Well, I say 'we', but I didn't go stand in line at the video game store at 11 Pm to wait for the midnite release. Maybe if I was off work today, I would have joined him in line, but probably not. From what I gathered in my sleepyness when he finally came to bed at 4 AM, apparently it rocks and was worth the $40. Unfortunately, we still have to buy two more copies. Thanks, Blizzard. Money hungry bastards. You already got us in the wallet with 3 copies of the game, and 3 monthly account charges. And now we have to buy three copies of the expansion. Someone is making a buttload of money. But it is an amazing game. 7 million people can't be wrong.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am the only person in my circle of friends (actual friends I've known forever types) who doesn't play WoW. I've heard it's more fun, and more addictive, than EverCrack ever was.

Fuzzy doesn't play it either.

As to ice. Grand Prairie got only token ice. Not that it mattered. I celebrated the storm with my first Starbucks in eleven days.

1/16/2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger I said...

The video camera didn't change my life any. Sometimes the routers film me sleeping. That's about it.

1/16/2007 5:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Melissa - I truly never wanted to like the game. It was a 'if you can't beat em, join em' situation. But now that I've gotten further into it, I really do like it, and I'm just a tad bit jealous that the man has the upgrade and I don't! Hmph.

Tom - the routers sent me those videos and I will use them for whatever evil purpose I can find. Muahahaha.

1/17/2007 7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

11/10/2008 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter