Thursday, January 25, 2007

More TV fun

Ok, this one IS a guilty pleasure. Although it usually ends up making me feel sad.

Cheaters.

What a show.

It’s filmed here in the Dallas area, which adds just a bit more intrigue as I try to discern where the people are exactly. I recognize the locations some of the time, but not always.

Like a train wreck or a car crash, I want to look away, but I’m somehow drawn to the pain and suffering of women and men being cheated on by their spouses/partners. It’s interesting to watch the reactions of the people who have been caught. Sometimes they are remorseful, but often times, they really don’t give a damn that they’ve hurt someone who loved them. They brush it off as nothing and move on with their lives. And this is what I don’t understand. Infidelity has such a damaging and lasting effect on people. How can they not even care?

My dad was a cheater. He’s had 3 wives and wasn’t faithful to any of them. And people wonder why I’m so jaded. I’m quite certain that if the show “Cheaters” and today’s technology had been around in 1978, my mother certainly would have enlisted their services in catching him at it.

But she did catch him, without the help of high-tech spying equipment and a private investigator. No, she did her own PI work. She had the intuition, a gut feeling, and she was absolutely right.

Dad left his first wife for my mother. Then he left her for some other woman, but ended up marrying someone else. Just a year into that marriage, he cheated on her too, but apparently she had some magical vice grip on his balls that prevented him from doing it again. Or maybe he just got sneakier. Who knows.

Cheating is one of my very few deal breakers in a relationship. I have no tolerance for unfaithfulness, and I fail to understand why some people find it acceptable. But hey, to each their own. I just won’t have it in my life.

The last time I watched “Cheaters”, the ending segment was dedicated to a man who had passed away. He was one of the cheating husbands they had busted in a previous episode. And the funniest thing about it was how they referred to him:


“The beloved suspect”

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger I said...

maybe he got a router on his last honeymoon. they keep you from cheating because they stare at you constantly and plot your demise.

You do know Cheaters was scripted too, right? I liked Tommy Grand. The new guy is just gay.

Being hetero I can't say that I could ever be with one single woman for any length of time. You broads lose the willingness to doink in odd places and i don't care how good you doink, nobody is worth giving up half my business for. Why can't we all just be friends? You know, do me without expecting half my sh*t.

The Great Doofleboy Has Spoken!!

1/25/2007 7:57 PM  
Blogger I said...

I'm cheating on you with Paul Vargheses' BLOG.

1/25/2007 10:33 PM  
Blogger I said...

If you go to Pauls BLOG. The video pic there looks just like Sammy Davis Jr.

1/25/2007 10:36 PM  
Blogger monogodo said...

Some Cheaters episodes are real, some are scripted. One of the guys at one of our printshop locations helped out as a cheating boyfriend for an episode. I also know of a gay man who portrayed a cheating straight man.

As proof that not all are scripted, there's currently a lawsuit involving a police officer in Ft. Worth who was busted by Cheaters.

1/25/2007 11:13 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Tom - I bet you listen to Tom Leykis, don't you? If not, you should check him out. He's right up your alley.

I haven't checked out Paul's blog in a while.

Hi Dan!

The jury found the staff and producers of "Cheaters" not guilty of any crime related to that incident. I read about it yesterday when I was looking for links. http://www.cheaters.com/?page=pressroom

I wouldn't be surprised if some of it were scripted. "Reality TV" has a lot less to do with reality and a lot more to do with TV than they lead us to believe.

What about the one where that dude got stabbed? Was that fake? I thought it was awesome.

1/26/2007 8:24 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh hey, Dan - I saw Chad Cline on a new Dairy Queen commercial over the weekend. Much bigger part than I've seen him have before, he was featured throughout the entire commercial. Pretty cool.

1/30/2007 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter