Thursday, January 25, 2007

Chefy goodness

I'm having one of those weeks where everything I do is *wrong*. I hate those. So, instead of dwelling on my weaknesses and mistakes, we'll talk about my favorite reality TV show, mkay?

This week: It's
Top Chef.

I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure, because it's actually a very good show. Watching it makes me want to improve my cooking skillz.
So, after last nite's cook-off in Hawaii, Ilan and Marcel will be going head to head in the finale. My favorite lines from last nite's show:


Ilan: "I can't wait to make you cry tomorrow."

Marcel: "It'll take more than paprika to make me cry."

Oh, snap! You've just been served, chef style! I guess that means it's 'on' now.

Oh yeah, you'll be crying, Marcel. I'm totally pulling for Ilan, because I think he's a better chef, and also because Marcel has Mr. Heat Miser hair:




Marcel says:
"It needs FOAM!"
I was sorry to see Sam go. He truly is a very good chef. Even though he didn't have much in the peronality department, he loved to cook and you could see that. I have to give him props for taking the time on their two-month break to visit a famous pastry chef in order to improve upon his weakest skill. He offered to do her dishes in exchange for the training. That's commitment right there. Kudos to you, Sam.
My favorite chef throughout the competition was Michael. He started off pretty weak, but in the last two challenges before his elimiation, he pulled off some top-notch dishes. He was the underdog, the lazy, laid-back dude with the 'I don't really give a shit' attitude. Apparently, he was classicly trained at a very fine culinary school. But to look at him, you'd think he was a line cook at a Waffle House. I think that's what I liked about him.
Next week, the finale. And then what will I do with my Wednesday nites?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

lmao. I love you.

Did you love the pic?

I'm Mister Green Christmas
I'm Mister Sun
I'm Mister Heat Blister
I'm Mister Hundred and One
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch
I'm too much!

1/25/2007 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter