Monday, January 08, 2007

Precarious

Dammit.

There's a reason I don't get involved in peoples' love lives.

Once upon a time, there was this boy. And he met this girl. We'll call them B for boy and G for girl, to keep things simple. They were dating.

E (that's my bf), is friends with B. I made friends with G, but we weren't really close. We hung out a few times, because she was B's girlfriend.

B and G break up, but I didn't know about it. I found G on Myspace and sent her a message, just to say hello. She wrote back "I guess you heard by now". She was, of course, speaking of her breakup with B. B had only recently discosed this to E, so I was late in getting the news. I wrote back to G and told her I was sorry to hear about the breakup, and to stay in touch.

So today I get a message from G. She wants to know if I was in a certain place on a certain evening, because B had sent her a text saying he was in the place, and perhaps, that I was there as well.

I was not.

Now, here's the dilemma. If I had to choose who my loyalties would be toward, I would choose B, because he truly seems like a very nice guy, and I'm not one to take the girl's side, just cuz she's a female. Not that I don't like G, but now I'm concerned about her need to check up on him. That's obsessive. That's not cool. That's something I would do. But anyway...I think I would prefer to take his side, if indeed I have to choose one.

But here's the thing: I don't know how to respond to her message. I thought about waiting until the next day to write back, but then she may think I'm ignoring her, and then she might get like Crazy Bitch Girl (CBG) who wanted to live in my house and flip out on me because I failed to respond in a 24 hour window. That would suck. But, do I call B and ask him what the story is? Where exactly was he that nite, and what is my involvement? Now there's an awkward conversation...

"Uh, hey!....No, this isn't E...Oh, you figured that out by the voice....haha....So, how you doin? Good. Yeah, weekend was good....yeah, he's good....um, listen....how do you feel about stalkers?...."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter