Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Life. Is. Good.

Howdy folks. Got a lot going on, which makes me happy. Yay! Here's a rundown...

Had a great day yesterday with the boyfriend. We went to the farewell open mic at Pitcher's in Arlington last nite. (Thanks, Dodgen). I loved it. It's a shame that it's going away, as the bar regulars really seemed to have a good time. It was so great to see everyone again, but even better, it was fantastic to perform again. My little 4 minute set went ok, my new stuff seemed to do well so I'm gonna stick with that for the open mic on Wednesday. Some of my old stuff didn't hit, still trying to figure out why. The show was supposed to start at 9:30, but somehow got pushed to 11. We got home so late! But it was fun.

I've been out of touch with my comedy peeps for a while, but last nite I felt like I was back in my 'element'. Wow. Those guys are awesome. Not a lot has changed. A few new faces, a lot of new jokes, some lost pounds amongst a couple of the guys, and the people you expect to be funny still are. Ahh, comedy. I love it. Like the annoying little sister I never had.

The Den Mother is back. Oh yeah.

Job-wise - my Raytheon gig is pretty much done. After they hired that other chick on as a full-timer, they realized that there just wasn't enough work for 4 people. Sadly, the people there liked me better than her, but that's ok. I had a kick-ass interview for a full-time job yesterday, and they want me to come in for a half-day 'working interview' on Friday or Monday. Rock on. It's for an office manager/payroll type thing, which is right up my alley. Plus, a lady I used to work for may need me to do some part-time stuff for her from home, which would be cool. I wish I could just work from home all the time. I hate driving.

Evan taught his first Frisco class on Sunday and it went really well. I sat in on the last hour and the people were laughing a lot and having a great time. I'm helping him get court lists and make calls and such, which means they will pay him more per class, as long as we're willing to do all the legwork. Cool. With that and the producing and everything else going on, I hope I have time for a full-time job!

Open mic downtown on Wednesday at 8 PM. Bob has asked for my assistance with timing the comics and giving them the light. Three minutes means three minutes, people. Seriously. And we may have a line on a place in Richardson to do an open mic. More details to come on that. I'd love to run/host one again. We need one in this area.

Our fliers for the August 5th show are out and about. They're on the tables and in the programs at Comedy Sportz. The scheduled performers are handing them out. We're getting some advertising, thanks to CSz and Dallascomedy.com. I'm really looking forward to it. We have some ideas for future shows as well. Doing two good feature shows a month would be perfect, and there's plenty of talent out there to book. We've set up email and a Myspace page for our production company - Wombat Cookie Productions. Comedians can contact us thru those, here they are:

wombatcookieproductions@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/wombatcookieproductions

Let's see, what else. Oh! Evan wrote a new joke out of a conversation I had with The Teenager yesterday. There are two versions, let me know which one you like better:

Version 1 (tried this one last nite)
I was talking to my daughter, and she said a co-worker had offered to get her some pepper spray since she rides the train a lot.
I asked her, "Have you had a problem with people on the train harassing you?"
She said, "Yeah, didn't I tell you about the drunk Mexican guy I stabbed in the leg with a pen?"
My response? "Um, NO! Pretty sure I would have remembered a stabbing." I'm not sure if I should be proud, or scared.
Later she told me she was going out and asked if she could stay out late. I said yes.
She was holding a Sharpie.

Version 2
I was talking to my daughter, and she said someone told her she should carry pepper spray with her on the train. And she said, "But salt spray would be better, cuz I can use that on my food and stuff."
Yeah, you know Towelie from South Park? That's my daughter, in terry cloth form.

Please vote now.

Life is good.

6 Comments:

Blogger monogodo said...

My vote is for version 1, and I like it how it is.

7/18/2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Bryce! I will subscribe, I noticed your regular blog is pretty much nada these days.

I just like the word "Sharpie". :)
I have ever since I had the 'purple Sharpie incident' with my crazy ex-boss. (There's a blog on here about that, it was funny if you missed it. Check the archives.)

Mono - come to our show on the 5th! And thanks for your input.

Version 1 it is.

7/18/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger I said...

Where the Hell is open mic on Wednesday?

7/18/2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Downtown, ComedySportz Arena, formerly the West End Comedy Theatre. 8 PM.

7/18/2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger monogodo said...

You'll have to remind me again and again as it gets closer. Hell, I'm even open to receiving email from you about it.

7/18/2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Will do. You can email me at:
dammitjanet101@yahoo.com and I'll send you info!

7/19/2006 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter