Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back to School

With 100% of precincts...I mean kids...reporting in, the news is that their return to school was not horrible.

Emily is thrilled to be a high-school freshman, although she finds being called a 'fish' slightly annoying. I'd have to agree. She swears that she has one teacher who is retarded. Probably a poor choice of word, maybe he's just a little slow.

Chris was selected for honors english this year, and he's taking several art classes. My boy's got some drawing talent. He's made some new friends already, and his only complaint is that he's still required to wear a uniform. That doesn't go away until high school, so he's got a few more years of that to look forward to.

The Teenager, well, she doesn't have much longer to go. She has it easier than anyone in the family at this point. Probably one more semester and she'll graduate. And yes, she is attending school, even though she no longer lives at home. I'm really glad she made that decision, I know the temptation to quit is enormous. After all these years, she's starting to make mature decisions. I'd be lying if I said I weren't just a little proud of her for that.

And me? Well, I started my new job yesterday. Four hours at my boss's house, an hour at Office Depot buying a new printer and a flash drive, then another 4 hours of work at home. I've put in 6 hours today and I still have a couple to go. Just taking a break at the moment. I like working at home, I really do. I'll only have to meet with the boss once a week, if that, and supplies and such will be delivered to my house. How cool is that? It's good to be working again.

Oh, and the play stands at 60 pages. I'm very close to being done. Yay me! Now I just have to get up the nerve to let someone read it! Gulp.

Break over. Back to work!

5 Comments:

Blogger I said...

My oldest is off to college next week. The other two have already started as of today. Woohoo! Well, actually what do I care. They don't really stay home and bug me.

8/23/2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Yo, turkey.
I need you to call me.

Until later...

8/23/2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Will do.

8/24/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Sounds so nice to be able to work at home. That would be the life i would love to have. congratulations.

8/24/2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks! It's pretty cool, and it's something I've always wanted to do. I'm not a morning person. And, since she and I have worked together before, she can call me and say, "Hey I just emailed you a spreadsheet. Help! Fix it!" And I know exactly what she means. :)

8/25/2006 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter