Monday, October 31, 2005

Maturity? Who needs it!

Another great weekend, and here I am on Monday morning, wishing I were someplace else.

Here’s a tip: when taking children to a restaurant, make sure that the adults who accompany them are more mature than the children. Case in point: We went out for breakfast Sunday morning – me, my sloth (Evan) and my two youngest, Emily and Chris. Now, I expect for my kids to be silly, because, well, they are kids. But this was the most hysterical breakfast I think I’ve ever had. Emily decided that squeezing the jelly packets was fun, and of course her brother Chris joined in. I’m trying to make them stop; Evan decides to participate. Emily tried to squeeze one of the coffee cream containers to no avail, so Evan grabbed it and squeezed. Hard. It opened with a loud “Pop!” and cream went everywhere! On the table, on the wall, but mostly all over Emily. Now, you would think that a 13 year old girl would be angry and mortified about being covered in milk, but instead she laughed, we all laughed, and I’m surprised they didn’t ask us to leave. They will probably continue to find spots of cream for days, I have no doubt.

We then went shopping for Halloween costumes for the kids. Yes, I’m one of those people who waits until the last minute for things like this. I literally do my Christmas shopping days before the event. I’m nutty like that. So we get to the costume place, and pretty much everything is sold out at this point. Evan suggests some costumes – for Emily, a mix and match: Darth Barbie. “Like, oh my god! I am so not your father!” For Chris, and I loved this one: he found a hanging skeleton that was about Chris’s size. He told him he could just attach the thing to his sleeve and say that it was his Siamese twin – until he killed him. Brilliant! And then there was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Ninja. Don’t ask. They finally found something they each liked, and I’m out $70.00. Yeah, but I love my kids, and we do love Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you all get lots of candy tonite! Watch out for razorblades and poison popcorn balls!

7 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Trick or Trick!

10/31/2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

What, no treats? :)

10/31/2005 11:23 AM  
Blogger Skye said...

Well, I uhumm guess I'm still dazed and confused from that brownie...<:?}

10/31/2005 11:47 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Darth Barbie!!! HAHAHAHA. "You should like, totally come over to the dark side. All the cool kids have."

10/31/2005 12:23 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

He's a funny guy. The kids think so too. :) (and they usually don't like anyone!)

10/31/2005 1:06 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

Help! we're out of snickers minatures got any left?

10/31/2005 9:24 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Negative. All consumed. :)

11/01/2005 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter