Monday, October 24, 2005

Love the weekends, hate the Mondays

Good morning bloggers. It’s Monday, it’s cold outside, and I hate my job. But what else is new?

Had a nice and productive weekend. We had an awesome script meeting, the project is coming along nicely. Needs a lot of re-writing, but we have a good team assembled and funding to shoot the film. I’m really excited about this one. This will be my first writing credit.

I helped my sloth clean his place up a bit. Why? Because I’m the nicest chick ever. No ulterior motive at all, it's just that my OCD doesn’t permit me to sit there and do nothing while clothes are in need of folding. Plus, I feel partly responsible for the fact that the place is a mess, because he spends most of his time with me and has little time to take care of those things. As a bonus, I walked away with a handful of t-shirts that I can add to my nite-time rotation. We didn’t get it completely finished, but we made a dent, and I know he appreciated the help. Meanwhile, my room is still a mess. :)

After the cleaning, we went to have dinner with my mother. Yes, the crazy one. He’s heard all about her and still, he didn’t run away screaming. Yay! I wasn’t sure that he was quite ready to meet Flo, but it went fine. As crazy as she is, she’s actually pretty damn cool. I hadn’t planned for the cold weather yesterday. When we left my house at noon, it was still a little warm, so I was wearing a skirt and sandles. But by the time we finished cleaning and scripting, it was quite chilly. When we arrived at my mom’s place, the first thing my mother says to me is, “Why are you wearing a mini-skirt?” Mind you, the skirt came well below the knees, but anything above the ankles is a mini-skirt to my mother. And that pretty much set the tone for the evening. He got to witness her road rage first hand, while she discussed with us why she chooses not to take her medication. She regaled him with stories from my childhood, and I sat there, mortified. I’m an only child, so all of the stories she has are about me. Sometimes I wish I had grown up with siblings.

I love my mother. In spite of the embarrassment. And I'm not quite convinced that all her stories are true, I think she's making some up as she goes. :)

I am miserable today. A good cry and some chocolate should do nicely.
Someone make me laugh, dammit!
NOW!
Please?
Ok then.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks! That makes me laugh too! Especially when my mom called me that at dinner! Oh, wait, no, that wasn't funny at all.

10/24/2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

Is this the same Mom who has named her parrot Mork? I'm an one and only also, so I call home and my Mother says"Who's this?"...

10/24/2005 6:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

TURD!! There's just something completely hilarious about the word TURD. Try saying it out loud a few times and you will see. Use it in a sentence. Wow, son. Nice Turd. It will get you every time.

10/24/2005 7:06 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Sky, yes, that's my mom. And sometimes she does the same thing to me on the phone.

Jeff, thanks, that is a funny word. :) What's your schedule this week so I can call and harass you?

10/25/2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Laura! Good to see you!

And Yes, that did make me happy. I'm just a little stressed, and it has very little to do with him.

10/25/2005 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter