Thursday, October 20, 2005

Congrats! Round 3

Hi folks! Another great show has come and gone, Round 3 of the Dallas Funniest Person contest. Four more of our funny friends will be advancing to the semi-finals:

Shaun Arredondo
Mike Cochran
Johnny Elbow
Brandon Enriquez (Yarko)

We had our first comedic injury, I’m sorry to say. God bless ya Shaun, I hope you’re ok. The guys were kind enough to get Mike’s wheelchair up the steps backstage so he could actually perform on the stage instead of in front of it. Apparently Shaun popped something out of place and had to go to the ER. He wasn’t even there when we announced the winners, and he was one of them. Take care of that arm, Shaun. Thankfully we’re not playing baseball. But Mike appreciated, I hope you guys know how much. Most comedy clubs don’t have handicapped access, and he said it was awesome to actually be up on a stage for a change. Cool. I’m glad we could do that for him.

So the semi-finals are next week. Contestants who are reading this: watch for an email from me today on preparations and such.

Thanks again to our judges: Andrea Grimes, Paul Varghese, Chad Cline. We love you guys! Thanks to our host, Dixon Wiles. Thanks to all the comics who came to support. Thanks to Chris Dodgen and Ken Mathias for entertaining the crowd while the scores were being tallied. And thanks to our bartender, Sean, who's services kept me from smacking anyone upside the head. :)

Congrats again to all the semi-finalists. This is going to be one hell of a competition. Be prepared to bring it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Shaun is ok, I talked to him this morning. It was a good show. I'm surprised Justin didn't score higher. It was fun and I'm exhausted.

10/20/2005 9:25 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, it's already been BROUGHTEN.

10/20/2005 3:25 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh, I know it!

10/20/2005 4:23 PM  
Blogger I said...

I would go but I have no friends. I also have Lots of homework. Maybe I can get a couple of strangers to come. Hmmm. Someday....

10/20/2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Sounds like fun wish I could be there. love

10/21/2005 2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter