Thursday, July 21, 2005

Impulses and Accidents

Good morning, my faithful blog followers. Hoping for something funny today? I will disappoint you for sure then. I'm not nearly as peppy and upbeat today as I had hoped I would be. Couldn't possibly be all the drinking and craziness lately, could it? Perhaps.

We had Craft Night at the West End, that was fun! We made posters for the 'protest' that they are staging this weekend. I'm taking my kids, by golly. They can hold up signs that say "Comedy Took My Trust Fund" or "Knock, Knock! Who's There? Evil Comedy!"

After crafts, I spent the rest of the evening with my crazy new girlfriend*, Dana, who could probably get me into a lot of trouble.

(*When I say 'girlfriend'...you girls know what I mean. We're friends. Guys think when you say girlfriend, it means you're making out. I haven't crossed over...yet.)

Do you ever have to stop yourself from writing or saying something, because no matter how much you want it to be, it's NOT all about you? I suffer from this condition a lot. I take things too personally when I shouldn't, and I think things are about me when they're clearly not about me at all. It's not that I am an egomaniac, in fact, quite the opposite. I have a boat load of self-esteem issues from way back. So this condition makes absolutely no sense to me.

Another condition of mine is Impulse. Impulse is a bad thing at times. I'm an impulse shopper, which is bad; an impulse writer, which can be good and bad; and, some nites, an impulse flirter. Some of you have seen this. (You really should take notes, I'm quite good at it. But I digress.)

Impulse has led me to do things recently that I wouldn't normally do, because it makes me feel good, if only temporarily, to do them. Impulse can lead to things that you might later refer to as accidents. Or even mistakes. And that's never good. A life without regret, that's what I want. Can I buy one on e-bay?

I stopped someone from acting on an impulse last nite. She was grateful. Now if I could just stop acting on mine. I'm trying to be rational, but I feel that I'm beating a dead horse here, and it's starting to smell.

It's not all about you, Jenn. It's not all about you. It never was. Let it go.

Don't you guys love it when I talk to myself in third person?

Jenn is currently accepting applications for her next bootie call. No talking or commitment required. Must think I'm funny. Apply within.

(And yes, I have edited this a couple of times today, in case anyone is paying attention. Obsessive compulsive disorder, it ain't just for breakfast anymore. :)

27 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

LOL. No, you see, it's NOT all about me! I'd rather it be about anyone but me.

I'm just glad that what I write makes people want to share their own stories.

You need to come visit Texas so we can hang out. Me, you and Laura will tear this town up. :)

7/21/2005 9:33 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hot guys in cowboy hats. Hmm. You'd think that, being a Texan and all, that would do something for me, but it doesn't. Never been a fan of the cowboys. Well, the football team is ok. Just not the ones who actually ride horses and smell. Blech.

7/21/2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I just sneezed 18 times in a row.

I need a cigarette.

7/21/2005 9:54 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeehaw indeed.

7/21/2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, but that waitress was really nice, so she deserved a tip.

ha ha ha

7/21/2005 10:17 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Application accepted. We will schedule your interview shortly.
:)

7/21/2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger jomama said...

What's wrong with chick friends?

7/21/2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love chick friends. My new friend is cool, but every time we're at the bar, it seems like all the guys are just waiting for us to make out. :)

7/21/2005 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to come visit Texas so we can hang out. Me, you and Laura will tear this town up AND THEN FUCK A RANDOM DOUCHE BAG.

~*~Sarah~*~ IS VERY PRETTY!

7/21/2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That is a strange thing, but I still want to see those pics. :)

7/21/2005 11:28 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Look at you, trying to pick up chicks on my blog while I'm in all this pain!

I know, I know, enough with the whining. :)

Douche bag.

7/21/2005 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU WANT ME

7/21/2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'll send you a prize in the mail, Sarah. Look for a box of Cracker Jacks coming your way.

7/21/2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You know I do.
:p

7/21/2005 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BY THE WAY, INSTEAD OF WHISTLING WITH GRASS, TRY SMOKIN' IT. IT WILL GIVE YOU MANY MANY MANY MORE HOURS OF FUN AND FANTABULOUSNESS!

7/21/2005 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want you sober. Clear headed is the only way to go.

Hey Jenn. Wanna hear a new joke I just came up with that I will make people gross out with?

7/21/2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

(He's actually pretty hot.)

And why the hell are you still up, Mr. Nightshift? Nevermind, I know what you're doing.
:)

7/21/2005 11:38 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yes, tell me the joke. You know I'll like it if it's sick and twisted.

7/21/2005 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we need a chat room...

YAHOO MESSENGER?

7/21/2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

dammitjanet101

yahoo IM

7/21/2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Most comments in one day. I feel a little giddy.

7/21/2005 12:17 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I never watched that show. I'm more like a Depearate Housewife without the being married part.

7/21/2005 12:21 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Holy Shit! Over 2000 hits today!

That's just weird. I still can't believe people read this.

The book will be stunning. Absolutely stunning. :)

7/21/2005 12:22 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You're funny Laura.

Only one application so far. I guess I'll have to go out and find a real boy.

7/21/2005 12:37 PM  
Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

Ohhh I still love you... I do really :-)

7/21/2005 12:59 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh Mr. Mc, I meant 'real' as in not on the internet, sweetie. I'm pretty sure we've talked more here than in real life!

So when can you make it for that interview? ;)

Bryce - I think I met Joel. Drunk sex? Hello, have you met me? LMAO.

Van loves me. Awesome. Now if I could just get Car to love me too. Then maybe Boat and SUV.

Ar ar ar.

7/21/2005 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Waterfall water faucets for bathrooms Bromine induced eczema Omega stone pc game patch Baseball charm eczema def Oral dosage for diazepam pine table splitting care furniture Beauty care hair oily skin teen http://www.koller-dodge.info san bernardino county ca gis Claritin and zyrtec eczema cures remedies most effective fat loss drug in the world divorce in the state of california Plastic surgeons implant breast augmentations los angeles Scottish fishing magazine girl sucking big penis

3/06/2007 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter