Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rockin' It


I had an amazing set at Hyena's Arlington Saturday nite. Just freaking amazing! When people pay to see a comedy show, they are ready to laugh, and it shows.
Not like at an open mic where they just happen to be listening in between innings. They dare you to make them laugh, and sometimes it's just hard to do.
The pic is me and the headliner, Rob Little. He was freaking hysterical! And so nice too. Overall it was a great show. They liked me so much, they are putting me in the rotation to be an opener. An opener!!!! I can't tell you how many people have said to me, "Jenn, you'll never be an opener, you're too dirty." Well fuck you! hahahaha. I'm very excited, excruciatingly proud of myself, and just a little humbled.
I slept with a semi-rock star over the weekend. This is funny. My oldest daughter's best friend is in a band - they play grind core, not really my scene, but I can appreciate the talent, and they are famous and very well known in that circle. His bass player has been staying with us all week while they record their next album/cd. He's in his 30's, and apparently had developed a little crush on me during the week. I was oblivious of course, and he had no idea how to approach me. Isn't that cute? LMAO. We finally hooked up after my show Saturday nite. What a fun guy. He totally digs me. Shame he's leaving to go back to Albuquerque today. Story of my life, as always.
In other news, my mom's health has not been well, so I'm watching her closely and trying to figure out how to move her in with me without us killing each other. I'll let you know if I resolve that.
Have a great day y'all. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gina said...

Dirty is just the way we like you Jenn---

Way to go!!!!!

PS -- thanks for the haiku!!!

G

6/16/2009 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter