Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Dating is Bad. Real. Bad.

Why do I continue to torture myself?

Apparently I'm a masochist. Ha!

I'm back on the online dating thing again. And it's not going well.

Last nite, I got a message from a cross-dresser. The photo on his profile is him, as a girl. Full drag - make-up, wig, the works.
Yikes.

I went out on a date last week with a guy who sounded nice and cool on the phone. He sent pics, and I thought, ok, not bad. But when I got there, I swear he was 4 feet tall, 50 pounds heavier, and he looked like my dad.
Double yikes.
And he was a fussy little troll. He complained about everything, and about 5 minutes in, I was ready to bolt.

Why do people lie about themselves in their profiles? My pictures are recent. I give a pretty fair rundown of my life and what I'm looking for. I have no reason to lie. What you see is what you get. But the messages I get are either way too forward or undecipherable. One guy sent me a joke, and after reading it 3 times, I still don't get what he was trying to say. I'm thinking English is not his first language.

I'm so thankful for my regular guy. We only see each other a couple of times a month, but we have such a great time together. He always has wine and candles ready. We watch South Park or Jon Stewart and talk about how ridiculous the world is. We laugh. We have fun. And then I go home. It's freaking perfect. No drama, no BS. And he doesn't snore. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

Gotta love the fakes. Hang in there, sweetie.

Oh yeah, and if you need someone killed, let me know.

'Cause, you know, that's how I roll.

6/02/2009 4:48 PM  
Blogger theFarschside said...

Hey -- don't discount the cross dresser too quickly -- there can be some benefits....

For instance -- what size shoe does he wear?

I'm just saying -- if you wear the same size -- it might be worth it just to increase the shoe-wardrobe.

G

6/02/2009 7:36 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lol, I love the positive spin. But I have small feet, I'm guessing we wouldn't be shoe-sharing compatible. ;)

6/03/2009 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter